It is very difficult to access the scrollbar on the tablet. By changing theme settings and related files, we can make scroll bar wider, this will make finger access much easier.

I have attached a zipped file with related file (those files are based on files of the default theme - echo).

How to use:

1. Change to use another theme other than echo;
2. Backup /usr/share/themes/echo directory, which we will change;
3. Decompress files in the zipped package attached and copy to related directory of echo theme to replace original theme files (directory of theme echo is /usr/share/themes/echo);
3. change theme to echo.

Wish it helps.

file: changes_for_n810_default_theme_echo.zip

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ah.sima For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
ah.sima, I think I followed your directions, replaced the files in Echo theme, etc., and I don't see the vertical scrollbar as perceptibly wider. It doesn't seem like I've achieved anything. What do you think is different as a result of your changes? Would you post a picture of your browser with the wider right scrollbar? Thanks.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Exactly what I was looking for

Thank you very much

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
GeraldKo,

ah.sima, I think I followed your directions, replaced the files in Echo theme, etc., and I don't see the vertical scrollbar as perceptibly wider. It doesn't seem like I've achieved anything. What do you think is different as a result of your changes? Would you post a picture of your browser with the wider right scrollbar? Thanks.
If you have a Windows PC, you can use WinSCP to ssh into your N800. But, you must have OpenSSH installed on your tablet. What i did is I opened WinSCP on my XP box, found the directory, copied the directory to my pc, unzipped the file that ah.sima provided to my XP box. you have to change the theme on your tablet before you do this....change it to Glasser or whatever...anything but echo.

The Following User Says Thank You to mooler For This Useful Post:
i have upload a screenshot and make echowb.deb package. it may make this work easier. please check following url

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=17678

wish it helps.