Poll: Is the new Maemo site more or less usable now that it has been redesigned?
Poll Options
Is the new Maemo site more or less usable now that it has been redesigned?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
It might be interesting to find out what regular users of Planet Maemo think of the new fixed width site design.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Quim Gil and I had a discussion, along with others, last night on #maemo - it will be improved.

But I might carry on using my modified version.

Agreed changes here.

I can not found message now from maemo.org.

The old design is much better.

I for one don't like narrow columns. planet.maemo.org, in particular, is a downgrade all the way in my opinion. That's one section where I thought they had got it right in the original version.

EDIT: Argh, I misread the poll.. for some reason I thought it was about the maemo.org site in general, not planet in particular. I would have voted for the last option, not the second last option. Planet has gone downhill all the way IMO.

Now away for some needed coffee!

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-05-14 at 09:13.

I did start the poll with the intention of measuring opinion for Planet only, but then (unintentionally) phrased the options in such a way that they refer to the entire site. However, I'm happy with the way the questions are phrased as I believe the entire site has faults and it should be judged as a whole. The new Wiki in the narrow format is severely broken in places (pages with tables need to be reformatted), bugzilla (at the time of creating the poll) had been degraded, and I'm not overly impressed with the general site navigation.

Hopefully most of these issues will be addressed in one way or another - bugzilla has already been improved by reverting to flexible width. Further improvements should follow in the next few days.

Before I edited my posting I had a section about the wiki.. I have not looked at the wiki after the upgrade. But the previous wiki I didn't like at all, there didn't appear to be any sections so to edit something it would sometimes need to load some huge amount of data, sometimes too much for the server. I prefer wikis when they work and look more or less like wikipedia.

Did you all check planet maemo today? The too-narrow columns are now changed to an IMO much better width! I'm a happy camper.

Yes, looking a lot better - still don't think they're finished yet!