Closed Thread
Does anybody know availability of the new OS2007 update with Skype?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Haven't seen it anywhere yet...

Today is June 11th... The date sounds somewhat familiar... Maybe we have to wait until last timezone in the world has turned 23:59 before we see it?

But, to be honest, I'm not holding my breath on it.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
We're all waiting for our pwnage.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:

*edit*

(Removed my stupid post.)
On a more serious note, I'd love to have more info... will it be OS2006 compatible, for starters?

Last edited by convulted; 2007-06-11 at 14:54.

Originally Posted by convulted View Post
On a more serious note, I'd love to have more info... will it be OS2006 compatible, for starters?
That's a more serious note?

Sorry, in the off chance that N800 users are actually surprised today, 770 users are likely to be out of luck. We've been out of luck for some time now.

I just sold my n800. I purchased in January with the intent of using it as a home away from home view of family. So much for that. I have been tricked by Nokia twice now, e61 and n800.

Nick

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This thread is about the repeated promises by one member that the N800 + Skype would be available today. That is still possible, though hopes are dimming.

I don't think that the absence of Skype should keep you from using the N800 to see your family...

you should have used the nokia invite thing with the camera - works perfectly well for me for exactly the purposes you say you wanted, so maybe rather than being "tricked" by nokia you just haven't used the device properly for the results you desired?

It connects on any wi-fi connection abroad that I use my 800 on to give a fully working, decent sound and vision "video call" home. For free. very nice indeed.

on the other side of things, is that euchrepuf fella reading this thread? did anyone take him up on his money bet?

Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
That's a more serious note?

Sorry, in the off chance that N800 users are actually surprised today, 770 users are likely to be out of luck. We've been out of luck for some time now.
Well it's more serious than my erased post
Honestly, though, I don't really need Skype and will sure as hell steer clear of flashing my device (it's working too well right now to merit a reflash) unless, well, they add a coffee machine or something. Which is not likely seeing I can only expect an update to OS2007 HE at most. So, yeah, I have pretty much nothing to look forward to in this update

Closed Thread