Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Oops! And I thought I had read the thread carefully before posting
That wasn't directed towards you... that's why I did a quick edit... was hoping I'd beat you to a reply after I re-read it

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
From this and other threads, I am beginning to believe that I am the only one that can tell when Hogwash is blowin smoke, tryin to be funny (sometimes succeeding).
It's a lot simpler than that. The point is you have to respond with Hogwash ! to everything he says

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
Talk about FUD.

For one thing, why would Nokia want to develope for Windows Mobile - Microsoft seems to be doing OK on their own, why would Nokia help a defacto competitor?

For another, the code couldn't be "locked up". You would be able to request such code under license else Nokia would be sued.
Talk about badly implemented sarcasm detection.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
May I ask why? For the nostalgia effect?
I already have OS2008 on my N810 and use it everywhere (because of the keyboard, smaller device size and usable leather sleeve) so I guess the nostalgia is part of the answer too. Other reasons are - Opera browser (speed), stylus friendly UI (no big menus) and overall device speed (OS2008 added some bloat). Also it is a good test machine for backward compatibility when testing ScummVM and other stuff. So yes the purpose is a bit special but still, when I am at home and need to put N810 on charger and pick up N800 with OS2007 I am pleasantly surprised with the difference. True that there is not much fresh software but the old setup I have there is good.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
This thread has been posted to the Harmattan forum. I reckon the Harmattan UI is not public yet but, trust me, it's not a Bora revival.

Can someone move this thread e.g. to the Design forum? B)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/15/n...acitive-touch/

Just saw this posted on Engadget. Looks like the Restive vs. Capacitive screen battle will ensue a little longer...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i'm just curious why are people presuming the next maemo device will be capacitive screen running maemo 6.
people, there will be more maemo 5 devices to come i'm sure of that, so dont hold out for the next gen as thats still a long time away

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Article seems to have been removed...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
lol maemo 4 diablo on the screen : FAAAAAAAKE !!!!

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
I'm pretty sure that picture says NOKLA

The Following User Says Thank You to verumgero For This Useful Post: