Notices

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Hi all,

is it possible to use the control button of a wired headset to change the musik volume?

With my old nokia it works out of the box.

Please help me.

Is my device defect?

if your talking about a head set (non-bluetooth) with a volume control button, yes it would work.....other than that i have no idea what your talking about...

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
Shame to Nokia...
i tryed to use WH-701 headphones today and no button worked :@

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3

Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
if your talking about a head set (non-bluetooth) with a volume control button, yes it would work.....other than that i have no idea what your talking about...
yes. thas what i talking about. did this work for you? dont work with the nokia wh-700 too. can not find any bugzilla entries. is this s bug?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by berlinermaxe View Post
yes. thas what i talking about. did this work for you? dont work with the nokia wh-700 too. can not find any bugzilla entries. is this s bug?
Maybe we should file a bug on this.. I mean at least the Nokia headsets should work on the N900 like they do on other Nokia phones... For example if I try to use the headset that came with my N95 or N97.. it won't work if I try to change track/raise volume.. etc..

I'll file a bug for this... But we need to make sure that there isn't an existing one already open/closed.. etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
That would be very welcome. whats the use in having a 100 song playlist but need to reach out and switch on the screen everytime i want to skip a song or change the volume?

For starters that would decrease the battery life significantly in addition to poking the screen all the time..

Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Maybe we should file a bug on this.. I mean at least the Nokia headsets should work on the N900 like they do on other Nokia phones... For example if I try to use the headset that came with my N95 or N97.. it won't work if I try to change track/raise volume.. etc..

I'll file a bug for this... But we need to make sure that there isn't an existing one already open/closed.. etc.

I find a brainstorm: http://http://maemo.org/community/br..._input_reader/

But no bugzilla entrie!

As you can read, my english is not so well. Can someone please file a bug for this?

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
@ flydeep once you filed the bug can you post the url here.. search on the bug db is not the best.. .i will then also vote on it. have the Nokia HS-16 and i can also not control the volume from this headset
recent phone / tablett history SE W900, Nokia E65, Nokia N95-8GB / N900

I cannot open a bug since I cannot replicate the issue. I have held off on buying a remote control since other users reported non-working. Someone who has the remote and can replicate the issue has to open a bug tracker.

Originally Posted by 77h View Post
@ flydeep once you filed the bug can you post the url here.. search on the bug db is not the best.. .i will then also vote on it. have the Nokia HS-16 and i can also not control the volume from this headset

The Following User Says Thank You to flydeep For This Useful Post: