Hello everyone! after the news about the support of Ovi maps for ours loved phone i've made this petition so please help me to gain what is ours of right! Ovi maps 3 for n900 thank you!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/N900ovimaps3

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
@deskya, and, according to you, what does Ovie Maps 3 mean? If currently there is Ovi Maps 1 for N900, why are you skipping 2?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well any improvements to N900's Maps are welcomed with open arms by me, so I'm all for this cause.

To be taken seriously, though I think we need to come to a consensus over the Maps version numbers. Maybe he's "skipping Maps 3" because we received that update for Maps with a N900 fw update?

I propose the following: let's get a list together about what it is we want changed about the maps program and then make a larger petition. Oh yeah but I nearly forgot, there's already the Brainstorm section!

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
To clarify: numeration of OviMaps for Maemo has nothing to do with numeration on S60, those are two totally different products. Don't mix them or you'll get angry that 'they have 3 already and we only 1'.

Second thing: I understand that you want to have better navigation app, probably like anyone else here, but well... petition?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think he wants the OviMap Maemo version to have all the function of the Symbian version one.

Even if OviMap maemo is version 1.2 or 1.5, as long the functionality is added to it to provide offline search and voice navigation then it is all I wanted. I'm not fancy OviMap Version 3 anytime soon.

Correct me if i am wrong..

we need some of the functionality of the newer symbian version of ovi maps..

audible directions for driving and walking,

settings that stay set!

favourites list of locations,

layers of 'points of interest' ie: can leave hospitals layer switched off but trains and underground layer on..?

ps: for a gadget that costs $500 or £500 the least they could do is to have developed the navigation application before release.. it has the hardware, it has the application (but its apparently an alpha release which was recently upgraded to a beta release..)

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
People, we have Sygic now!....Forget about the Ovimaps.....I`m not going to wait for ovimaps 3 to come around....thats a looooong way into the future

ok sorry i didn't mean exactly ovi 3 but good a free navigation software as the lowest price nokia, it's not possible to spend more than 500 euro to have a product without complete support as all the other Nokia's apparatus! Everyone who buy a Nokia do it for his trust in this company; after all don't forget all the news about the n900's future are not fair! The petition is a symbol. thank you at all guys

beggars belief...

Personally I think we should all instead report Nokia to the trading standards for conning all of us to part with our money in the promise that they would be offering free OVI navigation on the N900 for life and then failing to deliver an usable service, while sneakily stealing money from all of us who need sat nav in the n900, and have gone out and spend money on the Sygic sat nav software for the N900 which Nokia ironically also owns the maps.

I would love to see the trading standards or the EU fine Nokia big time and make them have to pay each customer back for what they have stolen with this scam...

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
The N900 was released way before Ovi Maps was turned into a free product. You always had to pay for a license in the 2 years I have been using it. The fact that now you don't for certain Symbian phones is a bonus that users seem to be taking for granted now.
Nokia promised free maps and routing and they gave us free maps and routing.

Buy Sygic if you want turn by turn or get a cheap Symbian phone that has it bundled for free.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post: