Quite interesting turn of events. Which platform is burning, Elop?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia...-fraud_id29799

Nokia's response:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia...Nuh-uh_id29813

Last edited by patlak; 2012-05-04 at 15:41.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Now shareholders think WP strategy is a fraud?

I lose money so i sue?

They deserve to lose more money and lose the lawsuit for being ingenuous (for no say an strongs words).

This is more funny everyday.

Greetings.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Now shareholders think WP strategy is a fraud?

I lose money so i sue?

They deserve to lose more money and lose the lawsuit for being ingenuous (for no say an strongs words).

This is more funny everyday.

Greetings.
A law suit doesn't necessarily mean sueing. It can be a variety of things. The shareholder who filed the law suit is most likely looking for new management. However there is a small chance he will win. Either way this won't be good for Nokia.

Now it dents the companies image even further.
Later on if he wins and management does change along with their market plans, then they would've wasted alot of time and money. If he loses, it will still make people seem sceptical about the company.

This law suit although it has the right idea behind it, filing for a law suit in itself was a stupid idea for the shareholder. It's like saying, "Me and my girlfriend just bought a house, but I don't like how she moved stuff around and made it sound better than it would be. I know, i'll take her to court."

What he should've done is made his views clear at the next shareholders meeting (Or similar event). If not he should've sold his shares, you've got to know when to cut your losses. Keeping them is like digging a hole in the bottom of your boat so the water coming over the top can drain out.

One word comes to mind:

I'm flattered

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
@xRobby

This is a lose situation for Nokia.

Let's see scenarios:

1: Shareholder win the lawsuit: Fired Elop and Ihamuotila and no more WP strategy (another lawsuit for the contract with microsoft), so Nokia lose time and money (to get another CEO and strategy).

2: Shareholder lose the lawsuit but get Elop fire and no more WP strategy: Same time and money lose.

3: Shareholder lose but Elop and WP strategy continues: Best scenario posible WP is the right way (i have my personal opinion about this and respect everyone else).

4: Shareholder win, Elop don't get fired but no more WP strategy: Probably the worse can happen, lose time and money on WP, lose time and money in new strategy and this new strategy is with Elop.

I hope you understand my point, i know yours is something positive could be of this but at this point is hard to get some positive of this, probably on long terms but to much time for that.

Greetings.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Whoa, this is bad.
Are we seeing Nokia seriously go into self-destruct mode?

i am so happy to see what the situatuion nokia is in now! nokia have to be wiped off the map

from a nokia user who has been betrayed byu nokia!

Last edited by youmeego; 2012-05-04 at 14:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Note: this is one organization, so the blanket statements assuming all shareholders agree with this are unfounded.

I see this one headed for Off Topic very quickly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
There is a lot of merit in this suit. Elop is definitely leading Nokia down the garden path and into the grave. There is no way that Lumia can turn Nokia's fortune around. Nokia is dying with the WP strategy right before your eyes.

Why did Elop declared Symbian dead prematurely leading to a crash in sales? Why did he willfully declared MeeGo dead and refused to sell N9 in major markets? Why did he refuse to pursue a multi-platform strategy and bet the company on an unproven and unpopular OS? These are not rational decisions for a CEO who has the company's welfare at heart. It is the action of a Microsoft mole.

For those who still think that WP can save Nokia, the numbers are impossible. Selling 2 million Lumia a quarter is peanuts. With crashing Symbian sales Nokia would have to sell 20 million Lumia a quarter just to get back into a growth path. It's not going to happen.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
lol
but I really think partnering with Microsoft was a good thing to do. Some people at Nokia just didn't quite understood the concept of "transition", let alone gradual, smooth or progressive transition.. It's too late now, you cannot revive stuff, so let's just hope for them that WP will save them in the end.