Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
my faculty has three 3d-printers, so will probably try that first when I have a design made
You could also try a nearby hackerspace (http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Netherlands) if you are lucky enough to have one close to where you live. Who knows, you might meet interesting people there, skilled enough to help you

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
You could also try a nearby hackerspace (http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Netherlands) if you are lucky enough to have one close to where you live. Who knows, you might meet interesting people there, skilled enough to help you
Thanks! I have already confirmed that I can print on my faculty! I can just hand of an usb-stick and they do the rest

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
On the software side there is a lot of progress, but still a lot to be done. Kimmo, can you perhaps elaborate on this? Maybe there a parts of the software other people can help with!
I did work on this during weekend, but it seems that i have to wait official support (next SDK release?) from Jolla to get the interrupt line working. I tried to write my own kernel module driver for it, but i wasn't able to get the kernel compiled (needed to create correct Module.symvers -file). Otherwise the module builds, and modinfo shows correct (afaik) vermagic etc., but even modprobe --force does not start it.

I need this also for my other project to get interrupt from proximity sensor.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
I did work on this during weekend, but it seems that i have to wait official support (next SDK release?) from Jolla to get the interrupt line working. I tried to write my own kernel module driver for it, but i wasn't able to get the kernel compiled (needed to create correct Module.symvers -file). Otherwise the module builds, and modinfo shows correct (afaik) vermagic etc., but even modprobe --force does not start it.

Okay! And the keyboard library with all the keys and combo's with modifiers? Is that something that can be developed separately?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland

I might have working kernel compilation env (disclaimer: havent tested it for a while), so if you need some module to be compiled, then you could try pinging me.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
I might have working kernel compilation env (disclaimer: havent tested it for a while), so if you need some module to be compiled, then you could try pinging me.
ooOo... My first attempt is just a Hello module. But i was "so close" with my own environment... (Tried to consult my friends about it and they just wondered why i have sb2 in another vm ...?)

I did work on this during weekend, but it seems that i have to wait official support (next SDK release?) from Jolla to get the interrupt line working.
Following the previous posts, there is a toh-event input driver in the kernel source.

However, from reading in the source it seems like the toh-event driver only handles gpio_cover/irq_cover for attaching/detaching TOH at the moment. The cover_irq/irq_int is not registered to an interrupt handler...

I guess they did not do it yet as you probably want some way to control whether you want to get a falling or rising edge or both as an interrupt.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
ooOo... My first attempt is just a Hello module. But i was "so close" with my own environment... (Tried to consult my friends about it and they just wondered why i have sb2 in another vm ...?)
Just tested building kernel in MerSDK, and seems to work, mb script didnt complain and it generated kernel rpm packages. But yes my compile env is a bit different than normal users would use, I havent tried compiling yet inside vm.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I did work on this during weekend, but it seems that i have to wait official support (next SDK release?) from Jolla to get the interrupt line working. I tried to write my own kernel
You can get INT line interrupts to userspace via the kernel gpio sysfs. Something along the lines of:

# Export INT gpio 67 to the sysfs
echo 67 > /sys/class/gpio/export
# Configure INT gpio67 to generate events on falling edge.
echo falling > /sys/class/gpio/gpio67/edge
# Check current value
cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio67/value

Then you can use poll() to get notified of events. Use POLLPRI event type.

Hope this helps.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kjokinie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjokinie View Post
Hope this helps.
It will !! thanks for this. I was thinking that there must be such method to do this. 67 was the magic.

@dirkvl - i will code later, i'll send you updated daemon and app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty