Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
I am just upgrading to 16.5.. hope i dont go in a reboot loop. noticed that some packages like osso-calculator is included and camera-ui.. lets see what happens.

I just upgraded to 16.5 too via xterm and even i have reboot loop. It turns on asks for password starts loading but just before loading any icons it just shuts down and keeps repeating same reboot loop process. Ok so now how do i solve this?
Help

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
vignes
i'm running 16.5 now. don't have any problem so far.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
@nokiaqueen etc., have a look at post number 4520 by MAG for info about today's update (no. 16.5, as opposed to yesterday's no. 16).
Also, changelog is publicly available! :-)

16.5 sent me into a reboot loop at first! I got out of it though by removing the battery, after that it rebooted alright and reported OS successfully updated!

Last edited by bennypr0fane; 2011-09-08 at 01:07.

@bennypr0fane thanks, just read MAG's post along with the ones after it, seems like 16.5 is creating issues for some...hmmm I'll just wait till 17 comes out or at least until we hear from MAG again.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
i dont know if this is related. i flashed to pr1.3 and did a restore from backup..updted cssu with speedpatch. now i get this everytime i use fapman or xterminal with all apt-get operations.. however all upgrades goes fine but error appears

apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up account-plugin-salut (0.10) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/account-plugin-salut.postinst: line 6: /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon: not found
dpkg: error processing account-plugin-salut (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of telepathy-extras:
telepathy-extras depends on account-plugin-salut; however:
Package account-plugin-salut is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing telepathy-extras (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
account-plugin-salut
telepathy-extras
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
/home/user #
how do i get rid of this or fix it

16.5 lock and loaded. no issues so far (except for the fastsms thingy which 2 other people have also reported).

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
count me in on the fastsms thingy. also got that problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
I cant update to 16 so i decided to uninstall and install CSSU again, but it always failed to download 1 package. I think it's the "libwildmidi0_0.2.2-2maemi1." I tried to install it but it says "couldn't find the packag." Now, I got diffirent UI for camera, portrait mode in apps menu, on multitasking view, and more. I also got a problem with "resolving host timed out: downloads.maemo.nokia.com" on 3 catalogs. The "nokia applications," "nokia system software updates," and "ovi." What could be the problem with this. I can't successfully install CSSU on my phone. Btw, The "maemo CSSU about" isn't showing up in settings.

I have found why my phone behaved so weirdly.

The maintainer of libgtk2.0-0 package forgot (or didn't know) that one must do update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders after package installation. What's even more strange and weird is that /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders was overwritten at all. Why in the world would one want THAT?

Okay. I did update-gdk-pixbuf-loaders, and all is good and sweet except that the on-screen keyboard is gone. So is Fn+Sym.

How do you guys test your updates? Do you ever try incremental upgrades from PR1.3 to the last one? Do you do that on real devices? Do you test if custom settings are retained?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jafd For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade