Originally Posted by Munk View Post
Hey I opened up my N800, took the power connector port off and rebent the metal connector plates to fix my own. I guess after having the N800 fall off the edge of the couch while being charged enough times it just became too loose. The power connector is a tiny black box that can slip out from the case.

Maybe this is something you can fix on your own? I don't know what condition the kickstand is in but maybe there's another solution there.

Thanks for the post Munk.
Maybe I'll give this a try.
So, the power connector isn't soldered in? I guess not by what you said above.
Yes, if I could fix my power port/ or connector, my main problem would be replacing my kickstand.

Neil

thinking about it, I think I can use a new "mainbord" to get a working internal Sd card slot...
I'm from europe, if anyone from the eu has one with a broken screen for example for a fair price, I'm more then happy to send you the kickstand/housing...

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
How is 50$ shipped? My n800 has a torn screen ribbon wire and a borken kickstand, all it needs is replacements and it works perfectly fine, I read somewhere that you can buy a new screen for 100$ from one site. reply or im me and i'll take some pictures if you want.

thanks

Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
thinking about it, I think I can use a new "mainbord" to get a working internal Sd card slot...
I'm from europe, if anyone from the eu has one with a broken screen for example for a fair price, I'm more then happy to send you the kickstand/housing...
Are you directing this to me? If so, sure, I'd be interested in participating in a deal where a tablet becomes available for parts from somewhere and I get the kickstand and someone else gets other parts they need. I'm not sure that would be worth doing between Europe and the US though since shipping would make it too pricey I would think. Although I could be wrong about that.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder why things like the kickstand are not provided by Nokia. How hard could it be?

Neil

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
How is 50$ shipped? My n800 has a torn screen ribbon wire and a borken kickstand, all it needs is replacements and it works perfectly fine, I read somewhere that you can buy a new screen for 100$ from one site. reply or im me and i'll take some pictures if you want.

thanks
Thanks, but the kickstand is part of what I need. Plus, really, I'm thinking more like $35 shipped for the kickstand and power jack I need. I know this isn't much for a Nokia, but I wonder where else one would sell a broken N800?

Neil

@sungrove: I meant that if someone offers me a n800 with a bad screen and the kickstand is ok i'm more then happy to send it to you for shipping costs - wich would be fairly low, even int seen it's light.

I'm indeed looking for something like joshv06's offer, but the shipping for a whole N800 to eu (weight..)+ possible a extra custom tax of 10 euro makes a US offer not really feasable.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm also in need of a replacement N800 kickstand.. possibly a new screen too.

BTW- I'm still looking for a kick stand, but I probably won't be doing business with someone who just signed up to respond to this thread like 08greatlife apparently did.
It'd be good if you at least have an Ebay feedback record of some kind.

Startin to think there'l be an N900 by the time I find a replacement kick stand, LOL

Neil

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
No kidding. :/ I'm not too keen on that if that's the Nokia strategy for customer loyalty. Ahem.