it liking buying black regular tv in time of LED tv

The Following User Says Thank You to salcykhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Just bought a black nokia N9.THe collection of nokia classics is now complete.First impression it is a smartphone and nowhere close to a pocket computer.Having used to my N900,the first thing i felt was the absence of the terminal.Then i learnt about the developer mode.The N9 is beautiful,but it kind of feels boring compared to my N900.I dont think i will use it for long.I might go back to my N900 before the end of the week.

The Following User Says Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
I think the operating system is beautiful and it's multitasking is light years ahead of android, WP or iOS but the lack of new apps and lack of developement of current ones makes N9 not desirable. Also the overall performance and also bugs in the OS are not good. I would not buy this again, today.

The Following User Says Thank You to nestori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
I bought my N9 64gb almost a year ago and use it as my daily phone/pocket pc. I said it before, but it's the most sexy phone ive seen.

N900 is total different from N9, can't compare them. Only love them

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
I never worry about the lack of apps.All i need is the basic apps and i am not a fan of those games.But just curious,doesnt N9 have an app manager like HAM?How do i download and and install apps from maemo.org repository?Do i have to download through browser and then install the deb.It seems even maemo.org likes N900 more than N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post:
I also think that the N9 has enough basic apps. Below are the apps that I use all the time:

Reading: NewsG, colorss, Feeds, AP Mobile, DW, Al Jazeera, etc. Too bad Firestarter (Kindle reader) not working too well.
Music: rPlay plays mp4 directly (no conversion to mp3 needed), No Stop Player, Sigma Player, etc.
Video: kmplayer, cuteTube, mediadownloader-lite, etc.
Dictionary: DictionaryStar, QStarDict, etc. I installed more than 10 stardict dictionaries for offline use.
Game: Angry Birds, Circus, etc. I like Circus a lot.
Maps: I have ALL maps from Nokia on my N9 thanks to the 64gb storage.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
That really depends on where you live.

Here in Poland, brand new N9 16GB is around 279 €.
So this really was a no-brainer decision for me, to put a few cents more and go for Jolla for 349 €.

There are many nice apps for N9, but most of them are old nowadays. And thats ok too, but if an app uses any online resources (for example whatsapp or some translators) then there is a strong chance that the app will not be updated if the online resource changes its format, encoding or whatever. That will cause the app to not function anymore.

I'm also using N9 as my only phone at the moment. I've had an N9 for about two and half years now. I think I need to go for a Jolla soon. Or some Lumia with a nice camera to compensate for WP os...

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Originally Posted by padmaraj.ravi View Post
I never worry about the lack of apps.All i need is the basic apps and i am not a fan of those games.But just curious,doesnt N9 have an app manager like HAM?How do i download and and install apps from maemo.org repository?Do i have to download through browser and then install the deb.It seems even maemo.org likes N900 more than N9.
Warehouse from Openrepos ofcourse!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo mobile, nokia n9