Is there anyone with some knowledge about the media player around here?

I have many audio files that I listen to through the media player. I created playlists in the .m3u file format. It works great, the media player finds them and they're accessable in the software, or if I execute the m3u file alone it opens in the software, no problems...totally expected action... except:
-This morning I edited a song in a playlist. The media player duplicated the playlist capitalizing the first letter in the duplicated file. I can't figure out where this new file is located. It did it a few hours later with another playlist that I didn't edit. Anyone have a suggestion(s)? Searching with find -i doesn't turn up anything.
-I have one playlist, seriously 1 from 300, that the media player doesn't recognize, and hasn't recognized for a year.

Where might the mediaplayer be storing files?

The Following User Says Thank You to bradvesp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bradvesp View Post
Where might the mediaplayer be storing files?
This could help you to reset the tracker index.
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...0&postcount=49

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I'd forgotten about the Tracker. That'll probably work.
It capitalized the first letter in file names. That seams as if it's the only reason they duplicated. The reason the Tracker affected those three files ... that's mostly a mystery.

Something remarkable:
I'd created a .m3u playlist for October 29 with a dozen songs and, among those dozen songs, directions to another .m3u playlist file nested inside the October 29 playlist file. The october 29 file was one that was duplicated.

This doesn't seem to be the same issue with the October 27 .m3u file.

Maybe it has something to do with the file names, like the fact that whatever recognizes file names in the file system can't, directally, change a file name from a lowercase to a capitolized letter. ...

and I'm getting an incorrect track quantity for the .m3u file that was nested in the other one.

Tags
tracker