Active Topics

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

It looks like ASUS knows how much it's trashed the Eee brand -- the company's new, higher-end 10.2-inch netbook is simply labeled "N10" in an effort to give the rig some premium cachet...
>>Clicky<<

...or are they attempting to hijack expectations of the next generation Nokia iT???

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-08-22 at 23:29. Reason: speeeelling

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
That HDMI makes me think that will be a Tegra device... Since Atom is too underpowered to play HD.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
That HDMI makes me think that will be a Tegra device... Since Atom is too underpowered to play HD.
Where do you see the HDMI output?

All I see is a 10.2 inch screen in what looks like a 13 inch length casing. Does this still qualify as a netbook? Looks kind of big to me or am I missing something.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Where do you see the HDMI output?
Originally Posted by From the article.
the company's new, higher-end 10.2-inch netbook is simply labeled "N10" in an effort to give the rig some premium cachet, and it looks like it deserves it, with a ... HDMI out
Why the **** won't vBulletin take a quote as characters?

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i see a expresscard slot on the french (im guessing) page that engadget linked to.

that, and a hdmi, and it smells like asus wants to define where the upper limit of eeepc goes, that is, no expresscard and ho hdmi.

still, asus also made efforts to unhitch the eeepc brand from the asus brand so who knows what those crazy asisans are up to?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Full quote form Engadget:

It looks like ASUS knows how much it's trashed the Eee brand -- the company's new, higher-end 10.2-inch netbook is simply labeled "N10" in an effort to give the rig some premium cachet, and it looks like it deserves it, with a slick new case, Altec Lansing speakers, HDMI out, and a 1024 x 768 display. Apart from Digitimes saying pricing will be in the range of €300 - €400 ($446 - $595) -- which we're not buying -- that's really all we know, but we're sure to find out more soon. Anyone else think it's funny that ASUS so diluted the Eee brand in under a year that it has to start a new premium line? Tons more pictures at the read link.
and a picture:

Aha, it is HDMI all right... Well, they probably expect to just show PPT presentations using it. =)

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Aha, it is HDMI all right... Well, they probably expect to just show PPT presentations using it. =)
...or play a stored video on any random monitor in a few years time. The dang cable will cost ya though.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Seattle
Traveling media player?
I know alot of sales guys that would like to hook up a hi def portable componet to a lcd or plasma on the go, wihtout having a shitload of adapters or crap picture