I just bought a new Nokia N900 in Finland. Itīs legal here to have a Fm-transmitter.

When i start the musicplayer and turn fm-trasmitter on, the music stops from the phones speakers and the fm-transmitter icon appears.

The problem is that it doesnīt transmit anything. I have tried different radios, and different frequencys but nothing

Is the fm-transmitter broken ?

My firmware is 10.2010.19-1

I have installed the Simple Fm-Transmitter widget, Fmboost and even tried fmtx faker.

Someone had this problem earlier and I think he found a solution. Search for it

I read a long time for all threads and didnīt find a solution.

Originally Posted by Ari View Post
I just bought a new Nokia N900 in Finland. Itīs legal here to have a Fm-transmitter.

When i start the musicplayer and turn fm-trasmitter on, the music stops from the phones speakers and the fm-transmitter icon appears.

The problem is that it doesnīt transmit anything. I have tried different radios, and different frequencys but nothing

Is the fm-transmitter broken ?

My firmware is 10.2010.19-1

I have installed the Simple Fm-Transmitter widget, Fmboost and even tried fmtx faker.
I have exactly the same problem. I had it before and after the new update. Have tried everything but it doesn't work with any radio on any frequency. Would especially like to hear music from the N900 on my car radio. Help

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I found the transmission range surprisingly low on my N900 - I have to find the 'best' place by waving it around my car, and there appear to be lots of dead spots where nothing is received by my car radio at all.

So my suggestion is move it around a bit...

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I found the transmission range surprisingly low on my N900 - I have to find the 'best' place by waving it around my car, and there appear to be lots of dead spots where nothing is received by my car radio at all.

So my suggestion is move it around a bit...
I have held the phone directly in front of the radio. We are talking a half an inch (one centimeter). The problem is something else !!

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Download FM Boost on the app man.
Works much better for me

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ER444 View Post
I have held the phone directly in front of the radio. We are talking a half an inch (one centimeter). The problem is something else !!
Take it closer to the antenna.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
With car radios, a lot of heavy sheilding in the cable connecting the external antenna to the headunit in the dashboard.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Mine worked in the car once I unplugged the external aerial..

Tags
fm transmitter, nokia n900, problem