Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I doubt it's because they didn't license GSM patents or whatever. Probably it's more likely the testing conditions they did (since they do have several prototypes that Apple people test in the field) did not include something. Say maybe they were using cases to disguise it was the new iPhone, or some coating wore off.

I also don't think the snideness is really needed..
i think the suit from nokia does cover innovations in antenna design...

you are right, probably not applicable, but it still might indirectly bring some attention to the case

Originally Posted by jmangs View Post
I could only imagine the blood that would be spilled if a Nokia phone couldn't make a phone call successfully because you're holding the phone.
Nokia E71 dropped quite a few bars when u held the bottom of the phone as u naturally would.it was a commonly reported problem, jsut had to live with it.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Insulating the metal rim by a plastic/rubber cover that I've seen on older iPhones will probably solve the problem altogether. Anyway, I am looking forward to winning over the fight for the office WiFi

Eek, I know someone who is planning on getting the 4th-gen iPhone. Man, he's going to be bummed about this -- he still has his first-generation iPhone and has been looking forward to this.

haha owned

Seriously, when you bring posts like these avoid sounding like you have a personal agenda against apple...

Yes they're somewhat overhyped (but thats due to good marketing) but avoid sounding disgruntled, it makes apple look even better

The Following User Says Thank You to Odd_gunnic For This Useful Post:
here is a good synopsis of the antenna patents nokia is suing over

http://m.zdnet.com/blog/btl/nokia-ad...question/34190

maybe in to stop using these, they made a bad design. i doubt it, but interesting linkages nonetheless

Wow, first iFixit confirms that the glass apple invented is actually gorilla glass, iFixit scratched the "unscratchable" glass, band problems, yello spots on retina display!! best news all week!!
also about the processor apple invented in their backyard, by invented i mean developed by samsung and and other company..

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by M A S T E R View Post
I dont think they can fix that. I believe its a hardware issue especially since the antenna is right there. Which means recall or Rebate one of the two i am sure.

-MASTER
Not necessarily.

I remember one Motorola iDen phone having a similar issue that resulted in a statement to the effect:

"Some people are having issues with reception. Our engineers have determined that how you hold the phone affects signal quality... blah, blah, blah..."

They went on to show a diagram that had very specific places to put your fingers and whatnot. They then sent this "Bulletin" out to everyone who had already bought one and slapped a sticker on every new one made from there on out.

Maybe you have to be wearing a turtleneck sweater or suttin' when ever you use the new iPhone.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-06-24 at 22:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Doesn't matter. Regardless of these dumb stories that come out, there's no denying that the iPhone has far more success and will still be a more popular phone. I love my N900, but I wouldn't mind having an iPhone4 if I could get one.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, form > function, h8'ers gon' h8, isheeps, worstthreadever