Posts: 99 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Meppen, Germany
Hey,

I am using Exchange Support to sync my Contacts and Calendar from Google with my N900. But it does work only One time - after that I am always getting "Error while communicating with the Exchange Server"... Its annoying because Contacts and Calendar Sync is important to me...

I also have the problem that, after I reflashed my Phone (FIASCO Image) and restored everything from my BackUp, some of my contacts got weired (if I have a shortcut on my homescreen and click on an MSN Adress as an example, I can select my own MSN Adress, but instead showing the online status, it just creates a second time the MSN Adress from my contact and I still cannot see the online status)

Thanks for any help

Robin

Thanks for

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
1) did you reboot recently (certainly after ipv6 day)? If not, do it now
2) did you clean out your calendar prior to sync? From time to time (every 2-3 months) sync stops here, I need to empty the calendar on the n900 and then sync works again. Don't ask me why...

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Syncing with Google never worked for me until I switched to NuevaSync which is recommended in other threads about this topic.

They have a basic subscription for 15$ per year. https://www.nuevasync.com/

I know it's a shame you have to pay twice to get this functionality but in the end all alternatives and workarounds didn't work for me. If you want to save the 15$ and try your luck: http://wiki.maemo.org/Sync#N900

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by petur View Post
2) did you clean out your calendar prior to sync? From time to time (every 2-3 months) sync stops here, I need to empty the calendar on the n900 and then sync works again. Don't ask me why...
This is exactly my experience too. Syncing with Google will hum along nicely for a few months, and then stop working. I have found that you must empty the N900 calendar, reboot the N900, and do a "Full resynchronization" via the "Mail for Exchange settings" of the "Settings" app. Sometimes it will work without the N900 reboot, but I've never seen this fix fail if I've done the reboot before the resync.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I don't know whether OP would like it or not (many will not), I would recommend syncing with msn account and probably there are more ways to sync those things between msn and google. It seems to work perfectly to me but I don't use it so seriously to notice minor issues, if there are. In case of google, I guess, there are problems with having multiple phone numbers in same contacts. I think once I lost cell number plus other details of many of my contacts.

I am not so much anti microsoft not to use something they are providing for free and there are nothing comparable/working solution.

Originally Posted by petur View Post
thanks for reply, yeah I rebooted.... and for me it just no longer works after 2. sync...

NuevaSync, hmmmm... why do I need to pay twice? Oo but maybe Ill try it, thanks. witching from Google to msn is not an alternative for me. i really like ms but not their live servicea... google is much better in case of eadiability snd functions I think...

nokia messaging and emernig can provide a shedule and push update for calendar and email.

I am thinking what benefit can make me to choose nuevasync?

Or should i just ignore nuevasync?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I use Erminig-NG for calendar and SyncEvolution for contacts. Works fine!

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
Have a look at the HOWTO I just wrote: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75810

The Following User Says Thank You to pinsh For This Useful Post: