Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by lfelipe View Post
The actual package name is canola2-cleanup, sorry.
Thanks, problem solved.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Mexico City
LF:

Sorry about not answering sooner. Just updated to Canola2 Beta 11. Everything is working perfectly now! Playlists, video, etc. All is now as it should. Yay!! This new version is really great. Good work and congratulations!!

Muchisimas gracias por su ayuda!!

When my canola.db is corrupted, I got message "Local drive is out of space. Going to exit canola"
So I remove canola.db, and Canola2 started with initial empty state. All URLs to internet media and other settings is lost.
I think, it's necessary to keep links and all settings in prefs dir.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by Dali View Post
When my canola.db is corrupted, I got message "Local drive is out of space. Going to exit canola"
So I remove canola.db, and Canola2 started with initial empty state. All URLs to internet media and other settings is lost.
I think, it's necessary to keep links and all settings in prefs dir.
Ideally the user should not have to remove canola.db, ever. This happened with this upgrade to users that were on beta10, but shouldn't happen anymore. For next release, we're improving some database related stuff to make sure that it doesn't get bloated with time (so that the user should never need to erase it).
Cheers.

Originally Posted by lfelipe View Post
Ideally the user should not have to remove canola.db, ever. This happened with this upgrade to users that were on beta10, but shouldn't happen anymore.
No, my db corrupted on file operation, not on upgrade.
File corruption is very possible on some circumstations, and we must not lose our custom settings, especially precious (URLs), with not so valuable like SD media library scanning results.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by Dali View Post
No, my db corrupted on file operation, not on upgrade.
File corruption is very possible on some circumstations, and we must not lose our custom settings, especially precious (URLs), with not so valuable like SD media library scanning results.
But wouldn't just putting it in another file be subject to the same corruptions?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
running a backup of the home folder at regular intervals will give a fallback position if the db corrupts. I speak from experience by the way!!

Ok Since I found this thread hopefully I may get some help here, I just installed canola2 into my n900 It works fine with the exception of media folders, I am able to scan my MicroSD card but it does not list my internal memory the 32GB LOL This is where all of my media is located. Is there a work around for this

hi i just installed canola on my n900.. restarted the cell tooo.. its listing down all audio n video files but while playing there is no output either from speakers or the headset.. can someone help?

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
Can't change theme - app restarts. Can't input text for last.fm login details