Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
When I use my bluetooth Jabra BT8040 I get occasional crackle. The bluetooth worked perfectly with N95. I don't have call problems when I don't use the bluetooth Has any one had similar problem?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Now if you explained what kind of device a Jabra BT8040 is....

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
@OP: I have a similar issue with other party having an echo of their side of the conversation when bluetoothed to my Nokia Car Kit (CK-7).

I have found that switching the headphone profile off then on again during the call solves the problem until I pass to another cell coverage when repeating the process solves it once more.

Maybe see if this helps you too? I suspect their is a timing or refresh issue with the command sequences.

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Now if you explained what kind of device a Jabra BT8040 is....
actually it's one of the best bluetooths I have ever owned.

Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
actually it's one of the best bluetooths I have ever owned.
That doesn't help much

i just found out what the problem was - the wireless connection. When i turn it off the bluetooth works great

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
When I use my bluetooth Jabra BT8040 I get occasional crackle. The bluetooth worked perfectly with N95. I don't have call problems when I don't use the bluetooth Has any one had similar problem?
I have similar problems with a Jawbone Prime
http://us.jawbone.com/product_landing.aspx
There is some crackle and occasional drop-outs while talking (tested using Skype echo test) and although I can hear reasonably well it is not the same quality as my old phone, Noka 6280. I checked the bug list and wasn't entirely sure whether any of the bluetooth bugs applied to this - I'll gladly add a bug report unless somebody points out an existing report.

EDIT: and I'm only using 3G (somewhat continuous due to openvpn) not Wifi.

Last edited by adrianp; 2009-12-09 at 12:38.

i just found out what the problem was - the wireless connection. When i turn it off the bluetooth works great
what power setting have you got the wireless on?

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
I use BT8030 and I have some blockage problem during listening to music, watching videos via A2DP.
All the connection types in maemo are enabled on my Device, maybe wifi or gprs or gps could disturbt A2DP.

Also, when I using the system, open apps, send mail,sms etc, there are blockage during the playback.

Has anyone already reported this to maemo bugzilla?

Last edited by taril; 2009-12-09 at 11:34.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
when my wifi trying to connect during A2DP, it stops the audio flow totally!

am using Firefox browser, that also destroy A2DP!

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:

Tags
a2dp, audio, bluetooth, distorted, distortion, fremantle, headphones, headset, hsp, maemo, maemo 5, n900, problem, profile, profiles, sound, static