There's no doubting it's quality, though I'd be very reluctant to buy one purely because of Apple and iTunes. It's only competition is Android, so that's where I'll be looking once my n900 contract is up at the end of this year.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Hah, now Steve is introducing video calling to the world. "You know I grew up with the Jetsons... and video calls... and now it's real. What about you?"

Does Netflix work outside the US?

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Well have to admit the battery time if true is pretty damn impressive. I do like that its quadband. The screen is a nice selling point.

I am normally an iphone hater - but gotta admit - looks nice.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
The screen seems amazing, but Steve's hyping it up too much again. For years, they had the worst resolution by far, and no one cared. Now when they're slightly better on that feature, it's a huge deal. It's not like the competition's 8??x480 is noticeably pixelated.

Still love it, though. I hope MeeGo gets something similar.
That's my issue with Nokia. They don't really "sell" their devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Does Netflix work outside the US?
I doubt it does.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
The two things that won me over were the screen and the 7hrs 3G talk time.

What's interesting about the screen is that I think apple will make use of it to enhance readability and media definition within the comfortable ergonomics envelope while retaining high aesthetic standards. (Yeah, that's RDF talk probably.) not just to cram desktop apps on small screen.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I have 2 levels of problems with my n900 physical (ID), software.

The Iphone 4 solves 1 physical problem in it can be placed flat on a desk. but it opens up a big one The iPhone 4 has 326dpi on a 3.5" screen that's a problem try and RDP at pixel 1:1 on that! I think the pixel density of 225 dpi in the n810 is great. my n900 screen is a little too small - want make that mistake again. Also they haven't fixed the removable memory bug

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I doubt it does.
Yeah, then... as usual, new features that aren't available to the rest of the world. I think Ovi was going to launch a video streaming service to Europe and Asia with the launch of the N8?

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by jnwi View Post
For years, they had the worst resolution by far, and no one cared. Now when they're slightly better on that feature, it's a huge deal. It's not like the competition's 8??x480 is noticeably pixelated.
For most people that have iPhones, there is no competition.
You'd be surprised at the number of people that see anything 'smart phone like' (that isn't obviously a blackberry) and just assume it's an iphone - even the N900 which we know is completely different. It's these millions of people and the majority of the market that they're targeting with these advertisements/claims. They just don't know or care about the competition so it's irrelevant.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Tags
can you, canitouchuthere, hear me now, iphone 4, itoilet paper, waste of money, waste of time, whining, worstthreadever