Anyone else have the screen black out during transitions? i.e. Moving from the application to the multitasking pane doesn't shoe the app slide, but the screen turns off then turns back on when you finish swiping.

Pretty major bug and I would not recommend upgrading from 1.2 unless this is the result of something like SwipeManager needing to update.

edit: Restoring settings fixes the problem, for now. Weird.

Last edited by solatic; 2012-07-04 at 08:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to solatic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by solatic View Post
Anyone else have the screen black out during transitions? i.e. Moving from the application to the multitasking pane doesn't shoe the app slide, but the screen turns off then turns back on when you finish swiping.

Pretty major bug and I would not recommend upgrading from 1.2 unless this is the result of something like SwipeManager needing to update.

edit: Restoring settings fixes the problem, for now. Weird.
Works fine for me, have you tried a re-boot? Genbarally the N9 feels a lot faster and crisper, but it is early days as it always feels better after a re-boot. The next week will see if the UI has improved.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Gonna flash emmc pr 1.3 now...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
still no OTA update for my lovely cyan here,

So is this really it? is this the final PR update for the N9 since the MeeGo team has been canned by Elop?

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
still no OTA update for my lovely cyan here,
Same...thats why im flashing...

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
As far as I can tell... somehow.. Thats exactly I was waiting for, but to be honest with you this just might be my wishful thinking since I got disconnected few times. Looks like still scans for wifi/interent connection while on bluetooth connection.. Another thing is, cant use my hands free car set to answer a call anymore. I mean I can talk through my set, but cant pick up a phone call(buttons on my steering wheel). Before I could see it on my stereo that somebody is calling and hear it through my car's speakers. Now its only my phone that rings and shows a new call. Tried to pair it few times. Still the same...
Off topic...
Another thing I noticed, but not really anything major. Cant look at reviews in nokia/ovi store anymore. Keeps loading forever, but nothing happens... Was like before or is it just me?
I noticed that Store problem before PR 1.3 relased.And i think it's a server issue.Nothing wrong about client.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Oh come on, The Uber Mega Epic N9 PR1.3 Discussion Thread ?! Really? Someone's having fun

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I got the update on my Austria device in Germany yesterday and installed it in about 20 minutes without problems.
But what are the surprises of PR 1.3? i cant find something ... no Skype videocall.. no bookmarks in web browser... Nokias head of MeeGo left the team... very sad
I believe PR1.3 is a bugfix release. No new features.

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I see a lot of new users on the active users here so just in case your not aware this is the same old shitt different day and device we had with the N900.

Dont expect much because there never is much only much dissapointment.

If you want something right then you all need to develop your own update so here is something you all need to know ok.....

Stskeeps has the meego source in full given to him by screwed up Nokia so how about you all make contact with him and see what can be done !, this is real advice i am giving you lot because you will only ever get dissapointment from the Nokia updates.

Good luck to you all

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert