Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The external one is the one in the card slot, the internal one is the one near the battery slot.
N810s only have one slot so no way to remove the internal one without soldering...

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
N810s only have one slot so no way to remove the internal one without soldering...
Sorry, I was not sure if you had an N800 or an N810.

Since it is an N810 then I presume that the swap file is on the internal (built-in and fixed) SD memory which you cannot remove. So if your problem is a corrupted swap file then I have no idea what you can do about it. Maybe if you tried to allocate a smaller swap file then it might lose the existing one?

Don.

Nope, won't let me change size or anything...

Maybe I'll have to send it back to Nokia?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by bilofsky View Post
@JeffElkins - I'm afraid I'm seeing the same problem. I installed your repo from Gronmayer but don't see any of the packages.

I found that you need to use Red Pill mode in order to get Jeff Elkins' packages. Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to frasej For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frasej View Post
I found that you need to use Red Pill mode in order to get Jeff Elkins' packages. Hope this helps.
Yes, that opened up Elkins' repository. Thank you.

For anyone interested, here's instructions for Red Pill mode.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Eugh. Red Pill mode shouldn't be the default fallback position - I'd really recommend you raise it with Jeff Elkins.

This kind of workaround (and I group the gronmayer solution to the repository mess in here), massively raises the barrier of entry to the NITs. Solving the problems properly doesn't really take much more work, it just requires different people to do it.

Short version: I very strongly believe all software should be in extras (or extras-testing for non-production quality stuff) which no dependencies on any packages which aren't in the default repository list, or in the same repository.

Anything less than that is sub-optimal in so many ways.

The Following User Says Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post: