that image is x11 still iirc.
Freezing bug solution is in nemo wiki.

join irc #nemomobile if you need help on networking to ssh into device, or read nemo wiki

Or even better, help sledges fixing the freezing bug.

Last edited by Morpog; 2013-12-04 at 23:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
freezing bug solution assumes you can connect to wifi to even grab the packages via wifi in the first instance. As mentioned, cant even establish a wifi connection, so even though i can ssh, i cant download the required packages via zypper...

Last edited by Storm_11; 2013-12-05 at 02:27.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
freezing bug solution assumes you can connect to wifi to even grab the packages via wifi in the first instance. As mentioned, cant even establish a wifi connection, so even though i can ssh, i cant download the required packages via zypper...
I had this problem. I rebooted a few times and it worked, totally random. So I was able to install the fix.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Very nice, is it working already?

Dont know :S

I really dont understand the procedure

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
I followed this and managed to boot into Sailfish and ssh to the phone, but now I got a bluescreen. The only thing working is a 'peek' that tells me there are no notifications. Anyone knows how to fix this?

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
You don't need WLAN for accessing repos, you can of course use the same USB connection that you are ssh'ing in from

Just set your PC as the default gateway for Nemo, and set up your PC to act as the nexthop router.

For example, I have this in my /etc/network/interfaces, but of course you can do stuff manually too:
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
address 192.168.2.14
netmask 255.255.255.0
up iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -i usb0 -s 192.168.2.0/24 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -j ACCEPT
up ptables -A FORWARD -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
down iptables -F FORWARD
down iptables -F -t nat
down echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post

join irc #nemomobile if you need help on networking to ssh into device, or read nemo wiki

Or even better, help sledges fixing the freezing bug.
Thanks! That helped me get to the bottom of why I couldn't get a screen after reboot. A little too much upgrading. Luckily the first time I tried booting with the later image I was unfrozen.

I'm trying to do this on Windows 8 here, and the network sharing isn't what it used to be, so I'm not sure it'll be possible. I haven't got desperate enough to look into it yet though.

For other people wading through this on Windows, you won't get the Alt_OS partition mounted, so you'll need to mount that from ubiboot's telnet prompt. If you put the Nemo image on your eMMC, you can mount that and untar directly on the phone. I found the best driver for the USB Networking was the same one the Nemo SDK uses, the Acer "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget", though both that and the MS one intermittently cause bluescreens on reconnection, so uninstall them after you're done each time.

The Following User Says Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish