Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
I was hoping it was the shoutcast directory, but apparently not.

However, I'm pretty sure it can be fixed in some config files. I'll take a look when im free.

Originally Posted by torx View Post
I was hoping it was the shoutcast directory, but apparently not.
It's grabbing them from idirectory.xgns.net, which seems to be hard coded into libgisds and libmetalayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to dblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
hmmmm....interesting thanx. I can confirm for you that I was using the Opera Browser though. Maybe I'll try microB and see if that works better.
I thought this was an OS2008 thread. Different OS/browser/media player versions may exhibit different behaviours.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by dblank View Post
It's grabbing them from idirectory.xgns.net, which seems to be hard coded into libgisds and libmetalayer.
Good find. Sure enough, the xgns.net domain is owned by Nokia.

Personally, I'm very glad that it can play my WSOU stream (Seton Hall's college radio station, for hard rock and metal.) I moved away from NJ but haven't heard anything nearly as good where I moved, so its great that I finally now have a device other than my computer that can stream RM.

rtsp://helix.nj.com/broadcast/njo/maggot/one.rm

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
I am a fan of:

kcrw.com
kqed.com
ijpr.net

the ijpr one uses the annoying "service" abacast. I haven't checked to see if it works with the 2008OS yet.

To those that complained of Di.fm and Sky.fm's page loading slow on the nokia just use the Mobile version of there page, loads very quickly.

http://www.di.fm/mobile/?type=mp3

Originally Posted by technut View Post
The OS2008 preset stations are the same as the OS2007 presets... 5 BBC stations.

But in the Media Player there's now an Internet radio / Directory provided by the "Nokia Internet Radio service" that consists of roughly 400+ stations. I have no idea where they get the directory information from or how/when it might be updated.
I've been using the stations contained in the directory that comes with Media Player, and they work fine. However, I noticed that the song title display does not update as the songs change, but instead remains on whatever song was playing when I first started listening to the stream. If I switch to the library view, and then back to the title view, the title will update itself. Is there a way to have the song titles update automatically?

Howard

I experienced the same problem but do not know a solution though. Another problem is that the Internet Radio applet only displays the favorite radio stations. Is there a way to add radio stations from the directory to the favorite category?

you have to select the feed in the directory then hit the context menu> add media bookmark