Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Greetings Unique 311:

Thankyou very much for posting the apps called Peekaboo.
At present I can't seem to load the maemo garage page, maybe later it will.
With Peekaboo can the video has been made be saved and sent to a Blog page.

Hopely a group of developers will look into this and develop an apps that will work.
Nokia N800 really needs it.

Regards Robert

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by RobMtl007 View Post
With the 2007 OS firmware there was a maemo apps that was called Camera, and it had a video recording feature, at least you could have used this feature to do a
short video and post it on your blog.
Now for 2008 OS firmware, the apps Camera can only take pictures, what happened?
They aren't the same program. The Nokia Camera app never was able to take videos but someone hacked video into it, which you can find at the videocamera project.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Montreal, Canada
Salut ZeroJay:

I just checked, videocamera project work on 2007 OS, but it won't work with 2008 OS.
Please develop a videocamera program for 2008 OS.
This is one feature that will make the difference with the N800.

Regards Robert

While video recording is a cool capability that needs to be looked into for the next tablet version, what I've seen of the N800 camera (which is indeed very little, as support for it is poor) tells me that no one that cares about the look of their blog would try to videoblog with it. The N8x0 camera just does NOT have the quality to be a good choice for blogging. I would also worry about trying to run a video capture program in 128MB of RAM; it might work for the current camera (which has no resolution to speak of) but the next tablet will need more memory and processor to deal with the better camera. (If indeed the next tablet has a better camera, which I have no knowledge of.) Interesting idea, but N8x0 just wasn't designed for videoblogging.