Active Topics

Notices

I was just about to ask if people who aren't experiencing crashes have updated to latest qt-components-hildon I did, and it crashes for me (I'm also on thumb, of course).
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2014-09-20 at 13:07.

I just tried to upgrade to 0.8.0 (I am on CSSU Stable), but HAM says package not found.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@chill, it's only in extras-devel for now.

@Estel, did you mean qt-components-hildon? I don't even have qml-components at all. (Quick look around... No, no such thing in the repos either.) QML Browser 0.8.0 pulls in a later qt-components-hildon through its dependencies so obviously those with 0.8.0 and later have it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I was just about to ask if people who aren't experiencing crashes have updated to latest qml-components I did, and it crashes for me (I'm also on thumb, of course).
I have latest qml-components and thumb. And crash

The Following User Says Thank You to uros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Unfortunately, marxian might not even know about these problem as he hasn't been on tmo since 4th Sep

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post

@Estel, did you mean qt-components-hildon?
Thanks, corrected in the original post, too. And of course, you're right that it's dependency, so my point was irrelevant, anyway.

That is what I get for writing from memory, on the fly, without checking first

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
I have latest qml-browser and qt-components-hildon installed so far no crashes. I actually dont use it heavily, just saying no crashes on casual use. Im on cssu-testing btw.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-09-20 at 19:29.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Sohil, what version do you have? The crashes started at 0.8.0. It crashes right at the startup, complaining (when run from the command line) about some missing component. Hence easily reproducible.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@Sohil, what version do you have? The crashes started at 0.8.0. It crashes right at the startup, complaining (when run from the command line) about some missing component. Hence easily reproducible.
Well as i said i have the latest ones, qml-browser 0.8.1 and qt-components-hildon 0.10.0
EDIT:- I ran it from commandline and it does not complain about anything and works fine for me, no crashes.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-09-20 at 22:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Quick question:

Last I checked, QT-based apps all failed to handle the full range of xkb keymap possibilities correctly: I have different keys mapped to level 4 (Shift+Fn+Key) than to level 3 (Fn+Key). Examples of how this is done can be found in the big remapping keyboard maemo wiki page.

I'm not exactly hopeful, but might as well ask: Does this browser or the more recent version of Qt we have available by any chance manage to be immune to this bug?

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser