Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
It seems like I chose a particularly wrong time to start development on Maemo. This is my problem.

I developed an application with PR 1.2 SDK which uses Qt4.6. The application runs fine on scratchbox but I want to test it on the N900.

If I copy the file and try to run today, it crashes with a segmentation fault. Looking at the output from GDB and ldd command, i assume that the application is trying to use the Qt 4.5 libraries in /usr/lib folder and failing. I have already installed the Qt4.6 libraries in /opt/qt4-maemo5/lib directory.

Now my question is, On N900 how can I force the application to use Qt4.6 libraries that are in the /opt/qt4-maemo5/lib directory?

I just hate to wait until PR1.2 is released to test my app

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
I actually didn't realize I clicked submit button on this post.

Anyways my problem was fixed by compiling the app on scratchbox (ARMEL ofcourse) with /opt/qt4-maemo5/bin/qmake. This is where the Qt4.6 SDK was installed on my scratchbox target.I am now able to run my app on N900.

I was originally using only qmake (which internally is linking Qt4.5 libraries i guess).

Thanks @~phoenix~ for offering help on this post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post: