Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
I am trying to find a way to play a playlist through Harmattan's built-in/stock music player (music-suite) via commandline or dbus. I have a playlist named "Test" in the music suite. I couldn't find what is the required input for the playPlaylist method from harmattan documentation or anywhere else.

I tried these commands.

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.maemo.meegotouch.MusicSuiteService / com.nokia.maemo.meegotouch.MusicSuiteInterface.playPlaylist array:string:'Test'
-- No Dbus error. Launches a blank page with an error prompt "Can't connect to server"

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.maemo.meegotouch.MusicSuiteService / com.nokia.maemo.meegotouch.MusicSuiteInterface.playPlaylist array:string:'urn:uuid:3abfeac6-c314-4aa4-9d8e-bd573b0bc1d1'

-- No Dbus error. Launches a blank page with an error prompt "You can't play these types of files on this device"

Can anyone let me know what is the correct format for playPlaylist method? Is there any other way of launching the music suite and playing a playlist (custom or "Recently Added" or "Most Played" or "All Songs") from command-line/Dbus/another-application?

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)