Andrew's "sign" is not bothersome, your animated flag is. You should try the "blink" tag in your html, too.

And it's true your previous posts were hard to read, this one is a bit better. Unfortunately there's nothing interesting in it.

Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Ahh, I am but sure that your sign does not show your individuality.
And your icon is more individual?

Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
If my use of fonts and color bother you, then simply ignore me. Or perhaps you being a Senior member can have a Forum Moderator kick me out. Please Try anyway. Thanks
Well, I won't try and get you kicked out, but your ignore suggestion is good. I've never used that forum feature before, but it can't be too hard!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
And your icon is more individual?

Well, I won't try and get you kicked out, but your ignore suggestion is good. I've never used that forum feature before, but it can't be too hard!
Thanks Gnuite, regarding the icon idea, but you miss the sarcasm.

Thanks, again for thinking aboout the ' ignore idea '.

Thanks fpp

Let's show respect and tolerance for each other; we're here to share opinions and help others; so, please show some restraint.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
iFrank :

Thankyou Sir.

In the numerous replies I have received to many of my earlier posts, people just shared their opinions and views. Like I mentioned in an earlier post today, it is about living and letting live. Some people can do that and some cannot.

I am sure that all the people who ' replied ' to my post today are tolerant and great. May their truths reward them in the end.

Hey, hey. Again, take personal stuff elsewhere. Let us stay on topic here please.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I actually hired a graphic artist for the ThoughtFix logo. I lack originality too Let's fight about it in "off-topic!"

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
I actually hired a graphic artist for the ThoughtFix logo. I lack originality too Let's fight about it in "off-topic!"
Thoughtfix :

Perhaps you should make your logo throb ( like it is thinking and in multi-color too) and maybe then you can give some great people the " open " chance to chastise you as well. . Very descriptive, that N800 Dissection Video ( really good ) , though it seemed like that you were doing things a little fast ( or was it ' YouTube ' )

To summarize: argument is made that because we have radios, with very different forms, all over the place, we should and will have internet-capable devices everywhere.

True, but note that many of those radios have other functions. Even though it would not be a significant expense to have your CD player and your radio separate, the functions of these devices are so similar, that it's just more convenient to converge them.

That's why, once I have a screen, memory, CPU, operating system, I want to have game controls, GPS, PDA functions, radio, TV, and anything else that can reasonably be fit into this device. Any function that doesn't make it significantly bigger or draw more power, ought to be crammed in there. This is why in particular it is crazy to me that the device doesn't have a set of buttons on the right side suitable for playing games. No extra power, no significant extra cost, but suddenly a whole raft of new uses. I don't want to carry a GameBoy as well, and even if I could have both for free, I would still want one device rather than two.

Once they're as cheap as you're talking about, I think most of our devices will still be as converged as I'm saying. You just won't take the one in your car out and put it in your pocket when you get out of the car, because you'll have one in your pocket already.

As a long-time Unix/Linux guy I'm obviously also with the 'do one thing well' mantra.. but there is irony everywhere you look these days. I bought my first battery-driven LCD clock radio around 1979, and it looked almost exactly like the N800, except for the N800's LCD touch screen. Later I bought a programmable Sony ICF clock radio, about the same size (slightly narrower and taller), great for traveling. Now it's broken, I need a new one, but guess what, we're back in the late sixties apparently, these are the kind of monster sized clock radios they sell today: http://tinyurl.com/955z8 It's the same down in the local radio shops, everything is just big cubes or otherwise completely non-portable stuff, it's even back to analog search wheels.. not very useful when you need to have access to a dozen pre-programmed stations.
The irony is this: The best small radio I have is my Sony Ericsson mobile phone.. it searches ultra fast, and it's sensitive. But I can't use it, because it will only work if it's connected to the phone's headset, which is useless for me because I don't have ears that can hold earpads. So for the time being I'm busy banging my forehead on nearby walls.