Active Topics

Its because you need to specify the "flasher" command before the -F. Right now you've just got the arguments or "options" specified without the command that actually runs the flasher.

if you add "flasher" (no quotes) at the beginning before the -F it should run.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Installed successfully ... booted up and asked me to confirm date and regional settings, shortly after came up with the accounts screens which I swiped away ... it's now been loading for 5 minutes. Is this normal, or was swiping away the accounts screen a grave error?

Fine now that I turned it off and then indulged its want for me to sign into an account. I assume this may be a bug (infinite boot cycle if you don't).

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
1. Get the flasher software released for Harmattan at:
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php

(You want Flasher 3.12.1 thats the harmattan one, the other flasher-3.5 2.5.2.2 didn't detect my device.)

2. Then you will need to get the firmware image for your device, I used NaviFirm from http://www.symbian-toys.com/navifirm.aspx
Ensure you get the correct firmware!

3. Run Harmattan Flasher and type:

To flash ONLY rootFS:
flasher -F FIRMWAREIMAGE.bin -f

or

To flash root and EMMC use this command:
Flasher -f -F rootFS.bin -F EMMC.bin -R

4. Turn off N9 and plug into computer. Hold off button until the flasher detects the boot loader and starts flashing. (NB: May take several attempts at holding power button)

(5.) For Windows users, you may have to open the installing device drivers window once N9 is plugged in and "skip Windows driver Lookup".

Source: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4728

Another more detailed version: http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...9&postcount=41
Hi ,, i'm confused .. between the two

To flash ONLY rootFS:
flasher -F FIRMWAREIMAGE.bin -f

or

To flash root and EMMC use this command:
Flasher -f -F rootFS.bin -F EMMC.bin -R

where did the above file come from ? i understand we only have two files 1.firmwareimage.bin and 2.emmc.bin .. so what is this rootfs.bin? is it the same file i.e firmwareimage.bin ?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ keep reading, you're getting better at doing your hw/research, you'll get there in the end

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Hey guys, new on the site & loving it, I see a lot of people speaking of Flashing their Phones, for what purpose is this?

1) if your phone has a region code that does not have PR1.1 available yet (eg branded firmware) you can flash another region code's PR1.1 firmware onto your phone such that you can have it sooner

2) if you bricked (ie screwed) your phone you can restore it by flashing

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by spectrax0x View Post
1) if your phone has a region code that does not have PR1.1 available yet (eg branded firmware) you can flash another region code's PR1.1 firmware onto your phone such that you can have it sooner

2) if you bricked (ie screwed) your phone you can restore it by flashing
Thanx man now it makes sense.....

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
are these still the latest and most relevant instructions? Im reflashing this N9 junk as it has become snail slow.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
WinFlasher link broken. Anyone having success?