Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
There's this old thread that Fanoush is pointing to as a solution. It has worked for me.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=17689

hope it's useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Dear Saturn,

Thank you very much for the link. I will give it a try and see how it works out.

icke

Turn off any 'virtual memory' extension setting in the control panel.

Well, to turn off the virtual memory might be a way. Yet, I am using the virtual memory to enhance the performance. So, an easy workaround is more desireable than to tinker with the settings (off / on).

Thanks,
icke

If you leave the virtual memory extension "on" then you have occupied your card, it can't be exported. Those 'swapoff' suggestions in other posts are workarounds trying to turn off the vm extension feature behind its back, so to speak.

BTW, I've started using the vm ext. feature, and the 'enhances performance' meme is nothing but an urban myth. It does not enhance performance (and it was never explained why it should, when it doesn't on a desktop computer). Instead, it does exactly what it's for: It is an overflow catch, i.e. it keeps the device (or rather, programs) from crashing due to using too much memory. If you monitor the swap usage during normal use you will see that it's very close to empty at all times and can't possibly free any RAM for programs (the only way of enhancing performance). So, to conclude, the 'enhanced performance' is all in the imagination. That doesn't mean the feature shouldn't be used (after all, I use it myself now), but it does come with a cost: You can't export the card through USB as long as you use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Dear TA-t3, Thanks for the clarification =b
So I keep on happily using the swap memory. Not because its faster - because its more stable.

icke

Tags
mmc, mmc2, mounting, umount, usb