Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Ok, I have a few images cropped to the right size that might make reasonable photo-type seasonal backgrounds (a couple with holly, some autumn leaves and trees fro example). I'll compile a few sets and then work out where to upload!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
i started a project for panoramic backround. should have it ready before n900 ships out in finland

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Hi code177,

The site looks good. You've obviously put a lot of work into it.

Some of the wallpapers are CC-licensed using CC-BY-SA which requires attribution. I think you need to display the name of the creator of the original image (not necessarily the same as the uploader) and a link back to the source.

Regards,
Roger

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Hi code177,

The site looks good. You've obviously put a lot of work into it.
Thanks. It was 36 hours of pure intense

Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Some of the wallpapers are CC-licensed using CC-BY-SA which requires attribution. I think you need to display the name of the creator of the original image (not necessarily the same as the uploader) and a link back to the source.
I've actually taken this into account but I guess I haven't made it clear enough, so what i've done is made the attribution field permanent. Initially this field was only to come up with there was attribution data, and since all the wallpapers uploaded so far have been uploaded by their creators, it never showed.

When a user uploads a wallpaper there are very specific creative commons fields that have to be filled out. If these aren't filled out, then the attribution goes to the uploader, as it's assumed that he or she is the rights holder.

Hope that helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
if you could point me in the direction of the non-watermarked versions...
Why would watermarks be an issue?

Tim

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, I'm only speaking for myself, but personally when I put a wallpaper on a device I like it to be free of any sort of branding. I can see where it's from when I download it, but I don't usuall want to be reminded all day

But as I said, speaking from personal opinion

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Watermarks are distracting (and ugly) on wallpaper, especially if it's just plain text. Now if people hid them better, or made their watermark a unique icon (like some artists do on DeviantArt) that's more bearable.

I've had times where as nice a wallpaper someone created, a bad watermark completly ruined it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
thanks code177, really nice looking site and I love those packs too. I think I don't have to look further for wallpapers at least for a while when N900 arrives .
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Needs an N900 optimized version

Does the Maemo 5 browser have some distinct user-agent?

Your disclaimer makes it sound like the wallpapers are all creative commons "Everything else copyright n900Wallpapers.com, or Creative Commons licensed where specified."

What if a user wants to make a wallpaper available on your site but not release the CC rights?

Tags
backgrounds, maemo 5, masturbatory fantasy pics, n900, themes, wallpapers