Notices

First, apologies: I thought all along I was running v0.0.5 but in fact until this morning I only had v0.0.4 installed. Sorry, mind it was pretty good as a prototype!

To prevent others performing the same version error - it might be good to update the icon on the package page, so it's clear.

@ users/testers: incase your repos haven't updated - v0.0.4 's icon is two arrows (like the select button), v0.0.5 's icon looks an oversized copy icon from your word processor!

Originally Posted by helex View Post
Hmm... there should be a key combination to switch the focus. But CTRL+I doesn't work despite it puts TABs inside the text box...
hmm... is there a combination to switch the focus at other applications?
Think people have asked around for something equivalent to alt+tab in windows. Not sure what the outcome is/was. Guess not much b/c haven't seen an 'annouce' for it but I don't notice everything!
I was referring to focus of different parts of the Clipman UI, not switching between running programmes. Ctrl+I acts like tab, when in the text box, which is nice. It might be an idea to have a note of such shortcuts when pressing the 'info' button.

And I have installed the matrix theme at my device. I have a green border around my textbox as soon as it gets the focus. Doesn't you aldready have a blue border there as soon as you tap it?
I have the basic theme running so highlighted items are blue for me. Is there a way to make the highlighting line ever so slightly wider to make it more obvious? This is just nitpicking so don't worry too much.

I'm using the Quick Launch Plugin to reach fast my ClipMan application. Perhaps you could try it this way, too.
A desktop shortcut's fine for me. Also, my Quick Launch toolbar is full.

There are no glaring bugs, even if a few things don't work as one might first expect. I can safely say the later version also works very well and from a quick look at Conky, nothing seems untoward. Is ther an on-device debugger you can recommend? I can hook it to the Clipman 'process' to check things further if you like?

However, all software can be extended and made to do more but getting programmes released and visible is what counts, otherwise one ends up spending ages tweeking and polishing with nothing to show for it.

If no dbg testing is required/desired, all I will conclude bby saying....
This version (0.0.5-2) is, in my very humble opinion, safe and functional enough to make it to extras.
Good job helex.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I pushed the latest version to extra-devel.
  • you're now able to write protect a clip. (they will persists now if you empty the database)
  • apart from that I included several invisible fixes regarding MeeGo

Please test if everything works fine. And don't forget to vote for the old package in extra-testing!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Only 4 votes to go!

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
A desktop shortcut's fine for me. Also, my Quick Launch toolbar is full.
Because of this I'm using Conky Layout Switcher.

But I don't know if you have Conky in your Quick Launch toolbar...

Feedback wanted:
If someone is interested, the MeeGo version for the Nokia N950 / N9 will look very similar to this: (still need to make some layout changes and adaptations)

This is the version for the MeeGo ExoPC (tablet). Brave testers are able to download the binary here.

I still have some QML related issues with the white text box. I hope I'm able to improve keyboardless handling within the next weeks... apart from that the QML version works quite well.

Last edited by helex; 2011-07-20 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Awesome. I'll be installing this as soon as I get my N9 which will be in about 2 weeks. =)

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Awesome. I'll be installing this as soon as I get my N9 which will be in about 2 weeks. =)
N9 within 2 weeks? Where could I get mine?

The N950 build is not ready yet. I'm fighting currently with a bug at Harmattan regarding the Clipboard - I reported it, but so far no answer from Nokia.

I have now finished a workaround. But it drains the battery a little bit and I currently hope for a proper fix from Nokia.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by helex View Post
N9 within 2 weeks? Where could I get mine?
Only if you know someone in a good position within Nokia.
But yeah. I'm willing to test your Clipman once I get my N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham - UK
Well done. Im sure lots of people from the N950 developers will start testing this one :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to MeeGoExperts For This Useful Post:
Only if you know someone in a good position within Nokia.
Isn't it enought to know you? I'm sure I could make good use of it!
Perhaps you should show your friend this thread... and please the 64GB version in black. I got already a idea for a other project...

But yeah. I'm willing to test your Clipman once I get my N9.
I hope I will have my Harmattan build ready by then. Still waiting for a answer regarding my Bug Report against the QClipboard library. Otherwise I will publish it with my small workaround.