Notices

link for the last modules ??? (with SuperHexagon)

So, the problem with Super Hexagon is - not enough space in /tmp which prevents it from creating the correct data directory (which is why manual copy from wiki works)

Code:
[3|user@Nokia-N900|~/dev/apkenv-master]./apkenv /home/user/MyDocs/superx.apk > hexagon.out
cat: write error: No space left on device
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /tmp/tmp.X8n0RhD or
        /tmp/tmp.X8n0RhD.zip, and cannot find /tmp/tmp.X8n0RhD.ZIP, period.
play issued with nothing set to play
play issued with nothing set to play
Easy fix, before running for the first time do:
Code:
sudo mount -o remount,size=32M /tmp
Run hexagon, close it, now restore /tmp to original size:

Code:
sudo mount -o remount,size=1M /tmp
In case it runs too quickly, make sure vsync is turned on in settings.dat (~/.apkenv/<superhexagon.apk>/data/):
Code:
    <vsyncenabled>1</vsyncenabled>
Attached my debug binary that is not tearing on voice (and doesn't seem to crash world of goo with 'Illegal instruction' incidentally), it spams xterm with a lot of info, which was causing slowdowns for me in hexagon, if you use it make sure to append:
Code:
 > /dev/null
to the end of the apkenv command (so something like: './apkenvdbg /home/user/MyDocs/goo.apk > /dev/null')
Attached Files
File Type: gz apkenvdbg.tar.gz (62.4 KB, 141 views)

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi all, for an unknow reason, the apkenv version i installed from here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=987

keeps telling me that i'm missing library dependencies, with some apk games and even with the game trg2 downloaded from THP website.

Could someone please list me all the folders where I could copy the necessary files, and the xterm commands to make the games work!!!!

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi all, for an unknow reason, the apkenv version i installed from here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=987

keeps telling me that i'm missing library dependencies, with some apk games and even with the game trg2 downloaded from THP website.

Could someone please list me all the folders where I could copy the necessary files, and the xterm commands to make the games work!!!!
If you get this:
Code:
apkenv 42.3.15 - http://thp.io/2012/apkenv/
Copyright (c) 2012 Thomas Perl <m@thp.io>

apkenv: apklib/apklib.c:89: apk_get_shared_libraries: Assertion `fwrite(buf, read, 1, result) == 1' failed.
Aborted
Go to /home/user and remove all .apkenv-xyz files (rm .apkenv-*), those are leftovers from apkenv and you have no space left in /home/user

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
@szopin vsync does not fix it, not on the N900. I tried all possible settings (vsync=1, vsyncenabled=1 | vsync=1, vsyncenabled=0 | vsync=0, vsyncenabled=0 | vsync=0, vsyncenabled=1) and none of them fixed the speed.

Your method to install it seems much faster and easier, though. I'll have to update wiki someday (or someone else do it )

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

The Following User Says Thank You to RiD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RiD View Post
@szopin vsync does not fix it, not on the N900. I tried all possible settings (vsync=1, vsyncenabled=1 | vsync=1, vsyncenabled=0 | vsync=0, vsyncenabled=0 | vsync=0, vsyncenabled=1) and none of them fixed the speed.

Your method to install it seems much faster and easier, though. I'll have to update wiki someday (or someone else do it )
Ok, this is weird. Turning vsync to 1 did fix my speed once I started using ' > /dev/null/' now it seems to work at normal speeds with Super Hexagon and Super Hexagoner mode, Super Hexagonest does get too fast... need more testing (at first was ignoring settings.dat as all the options like fullscreen etc didn't seem to make any change, vsync did seem to help though :/)

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
If you get this:
Code:

apkenv: apklib/apklib.c:89: apk_get_shared_libraries: Assertion `fwrite(buf, read, 1, result) == 1' failed.
Aborted
Go to /home/user and remove all .apkenv-xyz files (rm .apkenv-*), those are leftovers from apkenv and you have no space left in /home/user
thanks for your reply, here is what i got:

Code:

Missing library dependencies.
~/apkenv/apkenv/bin $

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
anyone experienced bug with cut the rope crashing at last "space" box?
Me... Got all 450 Stars .. press on the first level of Cosmic Box the game closes

Is there a way to change the name of the "application" that sits on your homescreen after using the apkenv --install command so that it no longer says .apk at the end? Apologies if this is considered nitpicking, I'm grateful that the ability to do this even exists

Also, seems there's a bug with Super Hexagon's music here. I have the necessary libraries (libmixer1.2, libogg0) and it works on my N9 but I have noticed the song for a stage will play from start to finish only once, rather than looping. Additionally, when you die and continue, the music will continue from where it was when you died rather than how it acts on an actual android phone. Nevertheless, it's solved by simply exiting and reopening the app...hopefully you're not good enough to be able to play past the end of a song without dying

Last edited by eviloar; 2013-06-02 at 04:41.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eviloar View Post
Is there a way to change the name of the "application" that sits on your homescreen after using the apkenv --install command so that it no longer says .apk at the end?
Desktop entries of apkenv are stored in /home/user/.local/share/applications (actually, any custom desktop entry can esily be stored here). You will need a basic text editor (like nano or khtsimpletext) to modify them. Once you succeed to open one, the structure of them is so obvious, that you won't need any further explanation about what to do. It is also easier to me, to create directly the entry there rather than using the apkenv --install command.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
android, emu_layer, new_whazapp, orphanenv, sfdroid, thp ole ole ole, thp's up, y u disobey thp