Hiya,

I've been wondering what the max stable clock speed with smart reflex vdd_1 and vdd_2 enabled really is.

I know the trolls are going to say "duh it's in this post... use search... blah blah", but there are in fact multiple posts in various threads on this issue, and most of them contradict one another.

I can confirm that my N900 runs at 750 stable with VDD_1+2 enabled, but just today I spotted this post :-
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...51#post1008851
quoting 805 as the max stable speed, or at least indicating it's dangerous to go higher.

Smartreflex VDD_2 is stable all the way up to 1150mhz, but VDD_1+2 offers significant power savings that I think make it worthwhile finding that sweet spot between high overclocking and long battery life.

Can other N900 users post their experiences of using VDD1+2 in overclocked configs? Bear in mind we're looking for consistent results that have been run for several days without incident, so we can have the best possible data to work from.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thingonaspring For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thingonaspring View Post
Hiya,

I've been wondering what the max stable clock speed with smart reflex vdd_1 and vdd_2 enabled really is.

I know the trolls are going to say "duh it's in this post... use search... blah blah", but there are in fact multiple posts in various threads on this issue, and most of them contradict one another.

I can confirm that my N900 runs at 750 stable with VDD_1+2 enabled, but just today I spotted this post :-
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...51#post1008851
quoting 805 as the max stable speed, or at least indicating it's dangerous to go higher.

Smartreflex VDD_2 is stable all the way up to 1150mhz, but VDD_1+2 offers significant power savings that I think make it worthwhile finding that sweet spot between high overclocking and long battery life.

Can other N900 users post their experiences of using VDD1+2 in overclocked configs? Bear in mind we're looking for consistent results that have been run for several days without incident, so we can have the best possible data to work from.
-_-

805MHz

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
805... 805...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It kind of amazes me that someone can ask this question. Try other speeds if you want -- I did, but crashed over 805.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ intheclouds
I always experience instability when I enable Smart Reflex above standard frequency. Sooner or later....

Here I should mention that this does not mean that for your N900 the results will be the same! It depends on the individual Chips characteristics, even made on conveyor line they are different when it comes to over-clock!
May be because of that Nokia disable it by default in the second firmware, for insurance that it will not cause mass instability, even for not over-clocked device.

So do not look for what (negative like me) people say but try it, and you will find out!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
The magic number is 805.

Never tested VDD1, as the phone crashes if booting with VDD1 on stock freqs + xlv.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
i used both as 1 in the profile of kernel power. but over 805, phone reboots draining battery like anything so 805 for me.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
805 mhz, 850 mhz rebooted 15s later LOL

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

I use a constant 850MHz with SR enabled and it's very stable.
Only problem is that after a while minimum frequency resets to 125 which makes the phone a bit sluggish.
Haven't pinpointed the culprit yet.
I use ondemand governor so it's not the bug from the conservative governor which resets to 125 when hanging up.
And 125 is excluded from my frequencies list.

This are the settings I use for my custom clocks:

MINFREQ=850
MAXFREQ=850
FREQS="0:25,90 850:48,430"
SMARTREFLEX_VDD1=1
SMARTREFLEX_VDD2=1
GOVERNOR=ondemand
IGNORE_NICE_LOAD=1
UP_THRESHOLD=75
SAMPLING_RATE=150000
POWERSAVE_BIAS=0