Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I don't now, but how can you assume that when you have absolutely no clue what will be included in port or even the quality of the port or how support will looks like?
I understand what you mean. Dual boot into android sounds like more as backup plan just in case.

If there's only one device as daily driver it will be more safe to have it handy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hello,
Small question to people who should know: once the port to the X done, how difficult it is to port to the X Compact?

I ask this because I wonder if I shouldn't buy a X Compact while we still can find some in stores

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Any chance we will see a duel boot on the x? Both sail and android?
There is MultiROM for xperia X. I don't see that their is support to install sfos as a secondary rom, but it might not hurt to ask nicely if it could be added. The fact that official support for sailfish on the device might make such a request more likely to be honored .

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...mance-t3476565

ed. wait, hold the phone, that's MultiROM for xperia x performance, Sorry, this might be a false alarm ...

Last edited by robthebold; 2017-06-07 at 04:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Excuse me for this totally unrelated question to this thread, but is it possible to port Sailfish to Mi 5, or Mi 6, OnePlus 5, Sharp Aquos Mini SH-M03 or Nokia 6? I ask this because, I want to know if Sony devices are my only option.. I don't want a 5.5 inch screen.. OnePlus 5 would be an exception though.. And if by any chance OnePlus 5 is smaller than 5.5, it would be a bonanza.. On the other hand, if the answer is a no, will Xperia Z5 compact be one of the supported devices or does the support only start from Xperia X?

The Following User Says Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Excuse me for this totally unrelated question to this thread, but is it possible to port Sailfish to Mi 5, or Mi 6, OnePlus 5, Sharp Aquos Mini SH-M03 or Nokia 6? I ask this because, I want to know if Sony devices are my only option.. I don't want a 5.5 inch screen.. OnePlus 5 would be an exception though.. And if by any chance OnePlus 5 is smaller than 5.5, it would be a bonanza.. On the other hand, if the answer is a no, will Xperia Z5 compact be one of the supported devices or does the support only start from Xperia X?
Great questions. Send them to jolla.

As I understand it its the X only. No compact, no super X, no nothing just the X. Not the old x. Only the new One with Xperia first and no letter after the X!

Jolla told us... comments Will be announced before end of this month.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
I do. And unfortunately, xperia X does not have one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
How do I update to 2.1.1.12? I am running 2.1.0.11 and the Jolla 1 is almost unusable.. The phone is not only extremely slow, but the apps kind of minimise themselves and I have to keep clicking on it and it might open on the 10th or 15th time.. It wasnt this bad before I updated to 2.1.0.11.. I am just hoping that the next update will fix this..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
How do I update to 2.1.1.12? I am running 2.1.0.11 and the Jolla 1 is almost unusable.
You have probably already seen this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=255

However it sounds like something already going fundamentally wrong with your existing OS version as it is and hardly a time to try updating. When did you last carry out a "btrfs balance" upon it?

If you insist upon experimenting search out Aurajoki thread and you will get the idea.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
"btrfs-balancer balance" ? I have done it once.. I remember reading somewhere it has to be done many times for it to work.. I have deleted some files and will balance again.. Thank you aspergerguy!

The Following User Says Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x