Closed Thread
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
is there any chance for ovi maps to include maps for Nepal?? I know its tiny and easily overseen in the world map but still...coz last time I google maped in my comp I was sooo glad to see it has the streets showing.
The source of the maps is Navteq, so if Nokia Maps for Symbian don't include Nepal right now I guess there is no chance that it would be included on Nokia Maps for Maemo...

Nepal probably has GPS SatNavs for cars right now, hasn't it? In this case I suggest you to check what company provide the maps, so you can have a clue of what GPS application could include your country eventually.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
The source of the maps is Navteq, so if Nokia Maps for Symbian don't include Nepal right now I guess there is no chance that it would be included on Nokia Maps for Maemo...

Nepal probably has GPS SatNavs for cars right now, hasn't it? In this case I suggest you to check what company provide the maps, so you can have a clue of what GPS application could include your country eventually.
Thanks for the reply. I doubt Nepal has any but I'm not sure coz I'm away for more than 3 years. In symbian maps there used to be asia but not sure if Nepal was there. Thought maybe I need one when I'm there and just checking out. I will have a look at symbian maps if its there. Thanks

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shittown
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
I've no complaints about my device and It's fully doing its job for me and everything is great. So, I think people should stop crying about missing features, If It's OK for me, so N900 is good for at least ONE person, and It means you should pay more attention before buying anything.

PS: LOL, Tags are funny ^^
Oh how fantastic, one pleased customer, so everyone else STFU?

Dude, this is Nokia's best device, and the upcoming devices with maemo will represents the highest category devices in the future, therefore people asks for reason about normal and working navigation sotware, well-made telephony services, compatibility with other Nokia services (suchs as full OVI compatibility, not just some beta state store 'thing'), well made software for maemo platform (and not just "3 click linux rewrites/ports"), and so on.

As long as this not happens, maemo and N900 will be just a great "toy" for developers and system administrators, but not the perfect device for the end-users.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
did anyone notice pictures improved with the last update ? No more grain
Probably placebo effect, PR1.1.1 did not contain anything that would affect pictures.

dam i hope this update comes soon... i mainly just pray for portrait mode, better battery, and more app storage space..would be nice for someone to develop an actual facebook app , instead of a widget and using the web browser

Originally Posted by xKamaitachi View Post
dam i hope this update comes soon... i mainly just pray for portrait mode, better battery, and more app storage space..would be nice for someone to develop an actual facebook app , instead of a widget and using the web browser
os portait will not come for maemo 5, thats already a well known fact. But they can ofcourse support portait mode in other apps like conversations
more app storage space? is the 2gb not enough for you? or do you mean rootfs?
apps should just go to /opt and yes also nokia's own stuff if you ask me like maps.

dont think a firmware upgrade will suddenly give you another battery

but i do hope they can optimize stuff so that it take less cpu cycles and because of that it is faster and takes less juice.

what i wanna see?
media player:
sorting by folder name with option to add folder to current playlist

modest:
possibility to select and copy text,links from email (without going to edit mode - just like in browser cursor on the side)
search emails at least by title

basic features
still missing

Hey guys just wondering whats happening with the pr 1.2 update if any one knows or i missed the info some where?

i was hoping it would be in the 1st week of march but seems like there is gonna be delays.

Do you guys think its going to be delayed more due to n900 including more things in the update because of the whole meego 1 on n900?

2 things i could do with, turn by turn maps (fingers crossed supports potrait mode) and bug fixes

like many others i check for updates everyday....sad i know :P

You've got 2 hopes, Bob Hope and No Hope!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
bob hope rocks..... The search function is your best bet - few long threads on it.

Simple answer - Nokia never releases dates, rumours and bob hope, hope it will be soon

Not sure what you mean by delays? - as they don't release dates.... then they can't be delaying can they?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever