i just been looking for a bluetooth keyboard for the Nokia which im picking up on 26th
just need to know if anyone knows if this will work with the nokia or has any other suggestions.

http://www.suntekstore.co.uk/Mini-Wi...PC-Mobile.html
Mini Palm-sized Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard 83Keys for PC Mobile (19.99) here is the spec:

Specifications:
Frequency Range: 2.4-2.4835GHz ISM
Receiving Sensitivity: -85bm (standard)
RF Output Power: Class 2. up to 4 bm

thanks in advance

brad

Last edited by kharmafish; 2009-12-24 at 08:45.

Have a search - lots of threads on this and similar topics

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I've been trying to get my Think Outside BT keyboard to work with my N900, but haven't been able to work out how to do it. I now that there is a way to enable this (I've read the other threads about this topic) but I don't know anything about Xterminal or command lines and those threads assume some familiarity with those things.

Can anyone tell me where I can find an idiot's guide that will explain how to do this? I am completely ignorant about Xterminal...

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Don't get the Apple BT keyboard as it won't work with the N900. It worked fine with the N95 but the support for the non standard BT (as some people claim Apple BT kb has) is missing.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I have a g-tech fabric keyboard and i can't get it to work either. The N900 keeps wanting to use a pass code with it. It seemed like it had hard time recognizing it. Said something about trying to find the device name.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by kharmafish View Post
i just been looking for a bluetooth keyboard for the Nokia which im picking up on 26th
just need to know if anyone knows if this will work with the nokia or has any other suggestions.

http://www.suntekstore.co.uk/Mini-Wi...PC-Mobile.html
Mini Palm-sized Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard 83Keys for PC Mobile (19.99) here is the spec:

Specifications:
Frequency Range: 2.4-2.4835GHz ISM
Receiving Sensitivity: -85bm (standard)
RF Output Power: Class 2. up to 4 bm

thanks in advance

brad
I tried using an AZERTY bluetooth flexible silicon keyboard ( http://fr.shopping.com/xPO-Clavier-e...ur-bleu-azerty ).
I was able to pair up fairly well with the N900 after editing the N900's bluetooth profile to allow for input. To pair up, I had to type in the bluetooth code given to me by the N900 on the bluetooth keyboard itself and press enter. The problem is that it's an azerty keyboard and when I type on it, the N900 interprets is like an english QWERTY keyboard. In addition, there are many keys that aren't recognized.
Apparently keyboard layouts can't easily be changed at this time but it has been reported as a bug (look it up on some other recent discussion threads; if I remember well Valério Valério is on top of this issue). I'm hoping forthcoming maemo updates and/or user hacks will allow us to use external bluetooth keyboards. I also tried my bluetooth logitech V470 and, even though it paired up well, the movement was hectic and it wasn't usable as a pointer...to sum it up, the maemo bluetooth input stack needs to be worked on.

-=AC=-

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Don't get the Apple BT keyboard as it won't work with the N900. It worked fine with the N95 but the support for the non standard BT (as some people claim Apple BT kb has) is missing.
The Apple BT keyboard works for me with the same mapping issues as the other BT keyboards have: The numbers and symbols don't work. The only work around so far is that the right alt/option key works as the Fn key and allows you to type numbers and symbols from the alpha portion of the BT keyboard using the same map as the device keyboard. Ie: (R-option)q=1 (R-option)w=2 ....
The best part is that the TAB key works.