Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi,

I packaged up an application today that allows you to send SMS messages to groups of people that exist in your Google Voice account. If you have a Google Voice account give this application a try and let me know how it works for you. It's currently in extras-devel. If it works for a few people I'll promote it to extras-testing.

It's a PyQt based application. Currently it's only in the Fremantle repository.

thanks,
Frank
Attached Images

Last edited by Frank Banul; 2010-03-03 at 14:46.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
I added the ability to send each SMS with the phone or Google Voice, default to phone.

Frank

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
I added the ability to send each SMS with the phone or Google Voice, default to phone.

Frank
Impressive. Can you design a script to fool the exchange server that N900 has provisioning?

While that would be fun and interesting, I think I would need to set up an exchange server to do so. And I think that would require me to run Windows Server. In any case, not my area of expertise.

Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
Impressive. Can you design a script to fool the exchange server that N900 has provisioning?
thanks,
Frank

Could come in handy along with Dialcentral by epage. Question.. if i want to send an sms to only say 5 people out of 20 from my family group, is there an option to do that or it will send it to all?

Clicking on a group member will prompt you to remove them from the list that will be sent to. Clicking on the group will reload the member list. I would prefer to have check boxes on each group member but haven't gotten that implemented yet. Eventually I'll also double the number of screens with stacked windows to allow more room for selecting and sending.

Originally Posted by jcg81 View Post
Could come in handy along with Dialcentral by epage. Question.. if i want to send an sms to only say 5 people out of 20 from my family group, is there an option to do that or it will send it to all?
Frank

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Clicking on a group member will prompt you to remove them from the list that will be sent to. Clicking on the group will reload the member list. I would prefer to have check boxes on each group member but haven't gotten that implemented yet. Eventually I'll also double the number of screens with stacked windows to allow more room for selecting and sending.

Frank
got it. I thought it would remove them from the list/server permanently. the check boxes would be an excellent idea.

Now with stacked windows and check boxes.

Frank

who do I change my google ID and password

Click on the title bar and select File/Login and it should prompt you to enter the login and password.

Originally Posted by arjunpar View Post
who do I change my google ID and password
Frank