Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
This is a rant, don't take it too seriously. But I remember I started another thread a while back complaining about the N900, how it's starting to be left behind. I may want to revisit that thread.

Open default browser on my HTC Desire, click a link to a podcast. It starts playing the podcast as an overlay to that page (which I later found out was an mp3 file), and I listed to it for about 20 mins. Click on the menu button to open a new window so I could continue browsing while listening to the podcast. Playback stops, the overlay closes and loses track of where it was. I decided not to listen to the podcast any further...

Today I am back on the N900. :P

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Shock and horror, you mean it doesn't have true multi-tasking... oh dear!

Welcome back!
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
welcome back to true King N900...

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
And.I change my signature when i found n900's power like you!!!!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
nice status :P

A colleague of mine bought Samsung Galaxy Apollo, a nice little simple phone but she came to me saying she doesn't know how to put it into silent mode. OK I said I`m not really an Android expert just pass me the manual and I`ll have a look. I almost burst out laughing when I read the instruction: "go to the phone application and press and hold the # key on the keypad"!!!

I mean I`m sure there is a better way and that the phone was running 2.1 Eclair but to put this in the manual as an official and easiest way is amusing. Samsung, you have touchscreens now with pull-down menus etc! It just confirmed for me that I made a good decision to let Android mature for couple of years before I jump aboard, if ever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I only got the Desire because I was tired of always using dead platforms... It's like I have the kiss of death on all the gadgets I use.

Spanning 15 years, I killed the Psion, the original Palm and now the N800/N810/N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cr0c0 For This Useful Post:
A similar thing happens on my Android device (which has a hard drive so might act differently): if you are browsing files (in the file browser and not a music app) and click on an mp3 it will play. But if you leave the player it will stop playing the file. So very annoying.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by philh View Post
A colleague of mine bought Samsung Galaxy Apollo, a nice little simple phone but she came to me saying she doesn't know how to put it into silent mode. OK I said I`m not really an Android expert just pass me the manual and I`ll have a look. I almost burst out laughing when I read the instruction: "go to the phone application and press and hold the # key on the keypad"!!!

I mean I`m sure there is a better way and that the phone was running 2.1 Eclair but to put this in the manual as an official and easiest way is amusing. Samsung, you have touchscreens now with pull-down menus etc! It just confirmed for me that I made a good decision to let Android mature for couple of years before I jump aboard, if ever.
Usually you just hold the power button, and the choose the silent mode from the menu - the same to undo it. Froyo have it more conveniently located at the status bar commands, besides the original way

didn't even know I could use # for that!

Just a poorly written manual :P

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by philh View Post

On the Htc Hero, going further down with the volume rocker makes the phone go into "silent" and then "vibration" mode. Very nice and intuitive. Wouldn't work that much on n900 that uses different volume levels based on call status, headphones and so on (pretty nice too).

Tags
huge chunks, you're no fun