Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by tori View Post
...so these working station i watch on the built in media player and it goes much smoothly and faster, abouterthe stations i'm usuing lists 1 abd 5ab, but sorry to say that most of international stations don't work....t
Umm, how do you change channels if you watch on the mplayer? Not easy.

Mind to list a few channels that does not work on list 1? I find 1 out of 100+ stations that is temporary down. Otherwise they should be all up and going, has been tested by myself. Some of them stream with mplayer and some of them stream with media player, and some stream with both. Well, as I posted before, any kind of feedback is better than dead silence, I will take a look. Thanks,

Oh, forget to mention these. If you hit a 'semi-dead' link, but not totally dead, it will crash AND you will not know it. You will have to exit kmplayer and return. Say, it you hit several links and not working, chances are, you hit a semi-dead link.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-13 at 18:20.

Edit:

See new thread, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...414#post202414, now WorldTV99 has a green install button, http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/worldtv99/.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-13 at 09:37.

I used that green install button, Bun, and this is waaaaaaay cool. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to boblinds For This Useful Post:
With the green install button, now you can even update WorldTV99 via app manager. Hope this makes it more easy to install and upgrade from now on

bun

Where can a PC user go to get this collection of URLs?

Originally Posted by tori View Post
hey bun, I wish you luck and hope you can do the best
but as i've said b4, i couldnt find a real benefiete by using this, why cant we use tham directly over the built in media player (wouldnt be easier if you can suggest how to add more codecs to it?)
so these working station i watch on the built in media player and it goes much smoothly and faster, abouterthe stations i'm usuing lists 1 abd 5ab, but sorry to say that most of international stations don't work.
just my feedback, i hope you accept it on the better side
anyway thanks for trying it here and wish you the best
Agreed, the kmplayer front end is really sluggish and a waste of resources making watching and controlling TV cumbersome. Is it possible to import the channel list to the mplayer direct and watch them using the build-in media player?

The Following User Says Thank You to fieldside For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
All installed and seems to be working fine. Just a couple of quick questions for now:
When I click on the kmplayer menu >> Player, there are 3 options: Osso Media Player, Mplayer, and Flash. It seems my installation will only work when Osso Media Player is the selected player. Is this normal?

Also, I know I can size the screen in KMPlayer (by pulling on the screen size bars that are on the bottom and left-side of the window) so that the screen is pretty large.......but how do people get TV to play full-screen, or stream via MPlayer?? I am at a loss there.

Many thanks, this is a really neat application for the n810. Now I can watch TV and my favorite podcasts literally in the palm of my hand !!
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Originally Posted by deluxe View Post
All installed and seems to be working fine. Just a couple of quick questions for now:
When I click on the kmplayer menu >> Player, there are 3 options: Osso Media Player, Mplayer, and Flash. It seems my installation will only work when Osso Media Player is the selected player. Is this normal?
No. You should be able to work with any player. I have NOT tried flash myself., but it should work. Osso MP and mplayer are both working and for different stations.

Also, I know I can size the screen in KMPlayer (by pulling on the screen size bars that are on the bottom and left-side of the window) so that the screen is pretty large.......but how do people get TV to play full-screen, or stream via MPlayer?? I am at a loss there.
Use the hardware button on the tablet to play full screen, touch the Right upper corner empty space will start a TVmenuBar on the bottom of the screen. sometimes, you may have to hit the right upper corner several times.

Many thanks, this is a really neat application for the n810. Now I can watch TV and my favorite podcasts literally in the palm of my hand !!
Well, one of three posts today to thank me, that is NOT bad . Thanks for the kind words.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I haven't tried many of the TV stations as I only got around to flashing to diablo so I could make a clean start, but I am very impressed so far with the effort to catalogue so many streaming TV stations!
I remember trying to get lists of streams for my xbox media centre and there were only a very few lists that weren't mostly broken, so many thanks for all your effort!

The Following User Says Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
You may have to install MPlayer, if you haven't done so
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/mplayer/