Hi, I recently installed latest power kernel and speed patch + battery patch. After that I noticed that GPS lock takes really long time sometimes I don't get it at all. I tried several apps Columbus, Ovi Maps, Sygic Mobile Maps results are the same in all of them. It looks like my n900 cannot get any satellite data from online source so it takes a while to connect. Does anyone had this problem? What could be dont to resolve this issue?

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
did the problem occur right after installing the new kernel and/or the crap-patches?

in any case, have a look at the location settings. Make sure that network positioning is enabled. You should have supl.nokia.com set there, but it's reportedly stopped working, at least in connection with PR1.3.1. Just change the server to supl.google.com and it should work again.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Before power kernel everything worked fine, but I cannot say that that was main reason it don't work now because I haven't used GPS for a while and recent changes to phone was pk and speedpatch.

I do have supl.nokia.com in location settings. Will try to change that.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
You should have supl.nokia.com set there, but it's reportedly stopped working, at least in connection with PR1.3.1. Just change the server to supl.google.com and it should work again.
Thanks, I changed server and everything started to work as before. I think this change of server should be included in cssu update

The Following User Says Thank You to artishox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Yup. AFAIK the problem has not really been investigated. With PR1.3.1 some SSL certificates were updated and (approximately?) at that point supl.nokia.com stoppped working (the SUPL protocol also uses SSL certificates).

I dislike having to use supl.google.com, but it does work OK.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: