Active Topics

I've been scanning threads for a solution to this problem, but have never found one. The proximity sensor on my n9 seems to be bugged, when I make a call and hold the phone to my face, the screen doesn't go black and I usually end up ending the call with my cheek. Is there any fix for this? On a side note, the proximity sensor still seems to be working for brightness adjustment.

if you put your finger over the sensor, the screen doesn't go dark after a bit?

During a call you mean? Nope. And i don't have a screen protector either.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
I have had the same problem, although it works on the standby screen..
confusing.

Well, I've never mentioned this before as it sounds so weird, but my N9 blanking does not work well when I hold the phone to my left ear. When I have it to my right ear the blanking always works without problems.

There might be two reasons for this; hair on my temple might distort and fragment the signal the sensor is metering, or more simply the phone UI tries to get to landscape mode and that can't be done when blanking is on and overriding it. Eg. some running program might trigger it.

Curiously I haven't noticed this problem lately, and it may have got fixed by pr1.3, Vesuri's meegotouchhome libs for better landscape support or some other tweak (although rotation sensitivity settings have not changed).

I tried it with my right ear, still doesn't go blank. I think it might be a problem with a loose connection on the lcd? I did replace the case from cyan to white, so that might be the problem where the proximity sensor connector isn't in all the way..

The Following User Says Thank You to slayer34 For This Useful Post: