Very interesting comments coming here - cheers. I've got a wireless network with a PC and MacBookPro running on it (along with my shiny new 770). I've started following the advice for creating a network folder share but like many others, I'm new to linux and man, I'm confused : )

Rather than folder sharing, what would be the easiest setup to share music (or possibly video) over WiFi from PC to 770?. Oh, I also have an Xbox running Xbox Media Centre on the network for streaming music and movies through my TV (not that that changes anything).

Cheers for any advice!

Acording to my intense testing far most great solution for Transcoding and sharing Video/pic/mp3 is SimpleCenter 4. It is commercial and the basic delievers only audio/pic but It works like a charm! marvellous solution!

Other s*** is MS's Media Connect 2 which comes with Windows Media Player 11. It is pure F*** Sh**, librarys are all f**** and .... not bother even testing that one..

CHeers RealJobe. I started installing this morning buit had to leave for work before the install finished looking for music (I've got about 130gig of the stuff, so it'll take a while). Hopefully get the thang working tonight : )

Yes sir, With SimpleCenter UPnp music works like a charm..

I also noticed That Nero 7 burning solution comes with MediaHome, which offeres UPnP AV server possibilities with Transcoding also.

Soon I'll test that. I'll probably windup watching Digi TV on my nokia 770 via UPnP.

Originally Posted by realjobe View Post
Soon I'll test that. I'll probably windup watching Digi TV on my nokia 770 via UPnP.
Now sir, you are talking!