Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Ah, Amazon must be doomed! They never include chargers with their Kindles...

Or maybe they're just doing the right thing to reduce package size and electronic waste.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Belgium
Tablet on it's way :-) Tracking code doesn't work yet though
it does work when I add a 0 in front of it but not sure if that is the tablet package . I have the TNT +DPD as shipping

When it arrives I will do unboxing video and some hands on with the tablet normally!

Last edited by TomJac; 2015-10-08 at 17:55.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Some news at Jolla Blog

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ziplepingouin View Post
Just checked on Amazon.de, a good double usb ports charger costs around 10€... Sure, they could have increased the price of 10€ and include one, but now at least you can choose the one you want :-D
To those crying about no charger. I am glad they don't give me such crap. I already have enough unused chargers.

Do like me, a crazy project: Get a damn solar charger and connect a 12A NIMH batterypack and place it on the window on sun side of your home and save money in the long run.

Yeah I know this time of the year there is not much sun time/day in northern europe but I also have fat solar panel on my balcony feeding 12 volt battery as another source of power

All that should be enought for me charge both Tablet and phone and sometime also my laptop.

No electric bills for my Jolla's atleast... Sun costs nothing and it's fun learning new stuff. Next year I hopefully can make it better and save more power using better batteries and so on.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
The diagram shows that the first wave is shipped in early October. As it is already early October, this means that the first wave is exactly the folks who have already received their e-mail invites. Presumably about 200 to 250, from the estimates I've seen.

The second wave will be exactly as big as the number of tablets they'll be able to wrest out of the factory by early November. Dunno how many that will be.

The third wave apparently requires more components to be ordered, so it has even more constraints against it. It could take even longer than December to complete, if Jolla continues to run up against roadblocks...
I really hope they have all components already in place. If thats not the case I guess third batch can forget this year...

It's near christmas and there are big players wanting they'r stuff delivered before little Jolla. That means Jolla must have they'r components ready when there is some time over for factory assembly little Jolla tablets....

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by att View Post
I don't think anyone would disagree it would have been nice if they had told this earlier. However, originally they didn't say either way so it was you, me and some others that thought our own without any factual basis it would include a charger even when one was not promised.
Who could blame you? In the absence of any specifics, one has to assume the default. When I buy a product, I assume the product is usable out of the box, unless the package explicitly says otherwise.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
When I buy a product, I assume the product is usable out of the box, unless the package explicitly says otherwise.
Well, they _are_ shipping the tablets with some amount of charge in the battery, so technically...

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
You're telling me that 1.1.9 or most of the new features / UI were ready to go 3-4 months ago? Given that now it still has a load of major issues and seems really half baked, I can only imagine how bad it was then.

Besides, all the statements from Jolla said that the hold up on the "2.0" UI was that they (you) needed to resolve issues and implement new features in the releases in the months prior to 1.1.9 launching, and without that framework it couldn't be pushed.

Your statement isn't credible.
O cmon think twice!

Thing is HW problems may very well delay SW. Because they have to focus on fixing HW before they fix SW!

There has already been a blog post about issue with changed display controller with totally different interface that may very well delay SW development.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Ah, Amazon must be doomed! They never include chargers with their Kindles...

Or maybe they're just doing the right thing to reduce package size and electronic waste.
They do several right things. There's a check box right on the product page to add a charger (not included). And upgrade to 3g from wifi only. And add extended warranty. Well, that last one's not so good for the consumer, but 2 outa 3 ain't bad, right?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Please let us know what US customs/duties apply (if any) when you find out!
Will do.
The package has been at the closest DHL Express facility for the last 3 hours and 15 minutes.
I am wearing out my F5 key.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund