Notices

On the claws website there was a new version of claws ( 3.7.2) released on July 3rd, 2009. There's a link to the maemo port, but it links to the chinook repository. I'd rather not setup the chinook repository, prefering to use diablo exclusively.

Can someone run this through the Diablo autobuilder and promote it to extras? Also, can we get more plugins such as the "fancy" webkit plugin. The "gtkhtml2" plugin is nice, but it doesn't have kinetic scrolling, which I suspect we could get from the "fancy" plugin.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Claws 3.7.1-1 is currently the latest available release for Maemo. It is in the Extras repository (i.e., you shouldn't have to add a Chinook repo to your Application Catalog). When 3.7.2 becomes available, your tablet will ask you if you want to upgrade.

Tim

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Claws 3.7.1-1 is currently the latest available release for Maemo. It is in the Extras repository (i.e., you shouldn't have to add a Chinook repo to your Application Catalog). When 3.7.2 becomes available, your tablet will ask you if you want to upgrade.

Tim
Right, I've already got 3.7.1-1 installed. And I see what you mean now, it's not that they uploaded 3.7.2 to chinook, it's that the maemo link on the claws website is old and not connected to reality. I thought the chinook claws was new, but it's not, it's the same as diablo's version.

So the question gets turned into, is anyone working on porting claws 3.7.2 to maemo?

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Yes, Colin Leroy actively keeps the Maemo port of Claws aligned with the upstream version. It may just be that he hasn't had time yet to update it, or that it hasn't been pushed to Extras yet.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Or maybe the autobuilder is acting up again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
claws, claws-mail