Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Crashed for me using browser.js uploaded by Sifo, confirmed that the file remains unchanged after crash (even the timestamp remained unchanged).
As shadowjk said you might have to delete cached versions.

Restore browser.js, load Opera -> Settings -> Privacy -> Delete Cache (or something), see what's left in ~/.opera that looks like a 100k cached version of browser.js.

Do Linux programs suffer from things like buffer overrun causing data corruption?

If it's not the last one or two browser.js patches or a consequence of auto-downloading them, it's really obscure.

Last edited by _David_; 2012-11-12 at 01:08.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Hi guys!
My opera 12 is crashing too
Started crashing this weekend.
I've been using 12 since early sept. it crashed a few times but no real problem.

I don't have CSSU installed, I do have kp51
I moved the .opera directory to .opera-backup, it starts as a new install but when I load a page, it crashes quickly after loading.
So I don't think it's cache related.

I thought it might be build/dependency related, so i reinstalled it but no good.
I've turned off most features, and still crashes, at the same place, after loading a webpage.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Getting the crash back to homescreen too.

I'm on stock kernal and no CSSU or other mods, which indicates it's more than likely a problem with Opera itself, so don't go changing anything to do with CSSU or KP51.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Bulgaria, Varna
Since last week or two my opera started to crash also. I have installed also Dooble and Midori. Today after the few crashes of Opera I decided to used Dooble. But it does not start at all. Midori is behaving as Opera. On the first (max second) page it crashes also. Both Opera and Midori crash in similar way - they just fly out without any message or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkice For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Darkice View Post
Since last week or two my opera started to crash also. I have installed also Dooble and Midori. Today after the few crashes of Opera I decided to used Dooble. But it does not start at all. Midori is behaving as Opera. On the first (max second) page it crashes also. Both Opera and Midori crash in similar way - they just fly out without any message or so.
Just fall back to Opera 11.50 for now. That still works fine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
but why? seems like its happening to people almost at the same time... :/

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Just fall back to Opera 11.50 for now. That still works fine.
Yep. I can confirm Opera 12 was working (bit buggy but working) and it's now crashing on start page. Opera 11.5 has been working fine.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by Darkice View Post
new dooble no longer launches from clicking icon.
I think the symlink maybe broken though it starts from console

It seems like an intentional action, because this problem starts in the same time in all users.
If this is an intentional then the question is that this browser is safety?
Opera browser uses data compression so theoretically data can be captured, but the same problem is when I turn off compression.
The other situation is that somebody remotely can change something in our devices.
It looks suspicious that suddenly after several weeks normal work software suddenly break down.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Việt Nam
It crashes when running from icon but not from Terminal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hongquan For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera