Active Topics

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Norman, OK, USA
Was going to purchase, contacted Nokia, rep stated that the only feature that you would have to pay for after purchase would be turn by turn, and I would have to contact Wayfinder to get the pricing scheme.

I cannot find a US number for Wayfinder and am wondering if the Nav kit gives the same functionality of the N810 without the $130 subscription fee?

Anyone have any idea on a number for Wayfinder or what is included in/with the Nav kit for the N800 being sold now?

I think the Nav kit works on OS2007.

If you upgrade to OS2008 then Nav kit no longer works. But, you can use your ID (?) to enable the navigation/turn by turn of the included Wayfinder software.

Here is a FAQ from wayfinder.com
http://wayfinder.com/?id=5365&lang=en-US

Q: I have previously bought a Navigation Kit for Nokia N800 Internet Tablet, including Navicore Personal 2007 software. Now I updated Internet Tablet OS 2008 on my N800 Internet Tablet and Navicore Personal 2007 does not work any more. How can I use navigation?
A: Internet Tablet OS 2008 includes an integrated Map application. You can use your old Navicore Personal 2007 license key to activate navigation features of the map application. After entering your license key, the activated Wayfinder Navigator application provides equivalent navigation features compared to Navicore Personal 2007.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alvin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Norman, OK, USA
Must have missed that, the only thing that bothers me is how the Nokia rep said I would have to *pay* extra for the turn by turn, I suspect more will be disabled if I have to pay more because turn by turn does not seem like a premium service. Of course, me being an idiot when I called forgot to ask which OS he was giving me info for.

Does anyone know for sure what "After entering your license key, the activated Wayfinder Navigator application provides equivalent navigation features compared to Navicore Personal 2007." means? As I know you can buy yearly licences for Wayfinder. Will I get a lifetime Wayfinder licence if I already have a Navicore Personal licence?

And please tell me I won't need online connection to plan the router!?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Marietta, GA, USA--Pombal, Portugal
it really doesnt make any sense what so ever to pay for turn by turn(are they trying to make us look like idiots???).

turn by turn is usually a supplyed feature when you buy a nav system, no other software for any platform charges you for turn by turn!

think about it, just the nav package costs almost as much as the n800, the gps reciever is at most $70 and the software isnt much either AKA what bs!

it makes me mad when coporations try to rip me off and make me look like an idiot

the ONLY things they are sopposed to charge you for is
1st- new maps(or updates)
2nd- traffic info
3rd- "special POIs"

thats it... anyway just do what alvin suggested and you'll be fine.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ NY Metro Area, US
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
I think the Nav kit works on OS2007.

If you upgrade to OS2008 then Nav kit no longer works. But, you can use your ID (?) to enable the navigation/turn by turn of the included Wayfinder software.

Here is a FAQ from wayfinder.com
http://wayfinder.com/?id=5365&lang=en-US
To take this further does anyone know if I buy N810 will I be able to "apply" my existing Navicore license from N800 and have turn-by-turn voice navigation without paying extra? This is one thing stopping me from buying N810.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by nedim View Post
To take this further does anyone know if I buy N810 will I be able to "apply" my existing Navicore license from N800 and have turn-by-turn voice navigation without paying extra? This is one thing stopping me from buying N810.
That isn't exactly spelled out. However, Navicore did allow you to deactivate the app from one device and reactivate it on another. The Wayfinder faq indicates that this is also possible in the future.
If it was me I would go for it but then again, I see no benifit from upgraduing from an N800 to the N810.