Originally Posted by Hec View Post
Hello Noob. One of the convenient way to do so is to manually delete the folder.

1°) If you don't have it yet, install this application :
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/rootsh/

2°) You need then to open a terminal. Either you find it in the app menu, either you use the shortcut sym/ctrl-shift-x

You see at the end of the bootom line a'$' sign : it means you have a simple user access to the N900. I guess the user privilege aren't enough to be able to delete the folder you want. So you want to become root.

3°) you become root either by taping the command
sudo gainroot
or simply
root

New lines are written to the screen and you can see now the sign "#" at the end of the last one. It means you're root, ie God of the N900. Keep in mind you have now the power of destruction on your system, so be extra careful, specially as you are going to use the rm command.

4°) Simply type
rm -rf /var/lib/bluetooth/<macaddr>, where <macaddr> is replaced by your own mac adress.

At this point you may not have a single clue about the name of that folder as you may not know what your Mac Adress is.

So a trick is to type only
rm -rf /var/lib/bluetooth/
and then stop typing.

Then hit the Tab button at the bottom of the screen (do that once or twice). It should print all the folders and files listed in "bluetooth". The one named with your Mac address is like XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, so you can't really miss it.

Underneath you'll find the line you just typed before, waiting to be completed with the name of the folder you want to delete (be extracareful not to hit enter at that moment as you would destroy the whole bluetooth folder).

Just start typing one or two letters of the <macadr> folder (respect the case). Hit "Tab" button again : it should auto complete the name folder, saving you time and errors in typing the whole name. Now you can hit the enter key to delete the folder. And close the term application.

Please note I don't take any responsability if you brake your system by following this guide. Besides I don't know either if this process will solve your bluetooth problem (But I hope for you it works).
thanks for that!

detecting my phone for ovi suite from computers suddenly stopped working (even on computers where I had paired the phone already, but bluetooth still worked fine with my hands-free kit in my car)

I did turn bluetooth off and got through all the steps you adviced, but phone was still not detected ...

then I deleted the caller-id-maemo and the MAC folder, rebooted the device and then stopped and restarted bluetoothd via x-term ... then turned bluetooth on via GUI ... and it works!

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
same problem here no bluetooth
Im noob in these things but what if someone with working bluetooth upload his file and put it in mine
i dont know if this work

Last edited by ravent-n900; 2011-12-08 at 10:53.

Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
rather thad just outright deleting the MAC address folder, i moved it to an alternate position (i have an "And" folder used for nitdroid)

rebooted....

IT WORKS!!!!! yahoooooo! think i lost all my pairings but who cares... looks like deleting this works afer all....

"Deleting the /var/lib/bluetooth/<macaddr> fixed the problem." indeed it does....
thank's
I was an active Bluetooth

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Same thing here. I've been using iBluever on my iTouch an connects it to my N900, it had BT on all the time. Yesterday the said problem appeared, BT is off, cannot turn on, all pairings lost. After I found this thread, I deleted the mac address folder, and all was well. Because I had quite a bit of paired and trusted devices, and did not want to loose it, I overwrote the settings with my old settings, and it worked. But just after I used iBluever, it happened again. Now this time I did not restore my settings, but paired only my iPod and fired up iBluever. Sure enough it asked for permissions this time, and after I granted it, it worked just fine. So, I guess rather than iBluever, there wore some configuration errors...

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
I dont have mac folder in /var/lib/bluetooth
delete caller-id-maemo nothing happen
I think its hardware fault

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8
Originally Posted by ultravires View Post
Hi

... well my problem on N900 with PR1.3 (but it was the same also on PR1.2) is that I cannot start the bluetooth connection anymore; I can go trough starting window (click on "Buetooth on", check also "Visible", writing "Name" N900 etc.) but nothing happens (although here I think that before, when it was working fine, the device filled automatically it's name t.i. "N900").

Before (with first FW and I think, but I am not sure, also during PR1.2) it was working fine, also after I installed application "Petrovich" everything was working ok but then suddenly some day I just couldn't start it anymore; after that I also installed app "bluezwitch" just to see, if I can turn it on thisway but without success.

Then I installed new FW PR1.3 and the BT still doesn't work; now I deinstalled apps petrovich and bluezwitch, still without change?

What am I doing wrong respectively what went wrong?

... basically is the same problem as stated here http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ht/true#M11965
(I've also commented first there on july 2010 but as you can see there is no solution until this day -> November!!!)

Thank you for your help
my N900 got the same situation today.
i tested killing bluetoothd,removed /var/lib/bluetooth/*,restarted bluetoothd.but It didnt turn on the bluetooth.

somehow,
i could solve it with typing
sudo gainroot
testserver

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by syake View Post
my N900 got the same situation today.
i tested killing bluetoothd,removed /var/lib/bluetooth/*,restarted bluetoothd.but It didnt turn on the bluetooth.

somehow,
i could solve it with typing
Have you tried the following command?
Code:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall bluez
For those who solved the problem just by deleting the mac address folder, I personally think that the problem is a bug in bluez, the daemon, which can't eat the config file called
Code:
/var/lib/bluetooth/MAC-ADDRESS-DIR/sdp
pkz

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
had this problem the other day. thanks for this post.
question though, why does this happen?