Active Topics

I've had my tablet for quite a few months now but I don't really know how to do anything other than use the internet and play the games that come with it.

The problem I'm having is that scripts don't seem to work, for example the ones on Facebook to send messages or post comments, and in Wordpress to post an entry.

Could it be that my browser needs updating? If so, could someone instruct me on how to do that? I've tried looking everywhere but I can't find any explanations on how to upgrade things except for on their main site but they assume you have a PC. I have a mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Do you know if you are running OS2007 or OS2008? If you are running OS2007, you need to upgrade your whole system, not just your browser.

I thought that Macs could run Windows now. Anyway, you can upgrade from Linux, booting from a CD. I've never done that; even though I'm usually running Linux, I've always used Windows to upgrade. So perhaps someone will jump in now with Mac-specific instructions...

I'm pretty sure it';s 2007. I don't even know how to upgrade to 2008.

I probably sound like the hugest n00b, but I don't know how to run Windows or Linux on my mac either :S

The Internet Tablet School has a number of how to videos.
Have a look at this one
<http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/2008/01/nokia-n800-how-to-update-n800s-firmware.html>

Gives instructions on how to update the firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodyS For This Useful Post:

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Swiftstick: you shouldn't need to update anything. While the web browser is open, press the menu button (middle button on the left), tap tools, and tap settings. Make sure "Enable JavaScript" is checked.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I think upgrading is better option. Os2007 uses old opera where as 2008 uses better firefox based one.

Enable javascript is definitely turned on.

I downloaded 770Flasher which that tablet school says works with N800s, but I have it all plugged in and running but the message in the 770flasher is "USB device not found, waiting" when my tablet is plugged in and turned on. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do?