Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ UK, Birmingham
Hey v13 I absolutely love this widget and honestly think that this should've been in the n900 from the start! It's just THAT useful!

However I do seem to have the hildon-home problem. I've read through the pages and understand that it was the bluezwitch that was causing hildon-home to crash. So the hang up issue still exists.

I can also confirm that the no rotating issue is also present but very hard to reproduce.

Plus the widget shifting from one desktop to another has also occured on a few occasions. Not a big deal but just letting you know.

I've only ever installed the latest version of Drlaunch (0.8-1).

I'm no programmer but happy to help.

Can't wait for the final build! Thanks for all your hard work.

so this only turns icons of my shortcuts , right?
it wont launch conwersations in portret mode? Any way to do it? Portrait mode is the most mising thing in n900

Originally Posted by v13 View Post
OK, this is getting creepy...

One more thing: Can you please try this:
  • In a command prompt run as root:
    Code:
    # dpkg -P drlaunch
    # rm -f /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/drlaunch_widget.py /usr/share/applications/hildon-home/drlaunch.desktop
    # cd /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/
    # rm -rf drlaunch
    # cd /usr/share/pyshared
    # rm -rf drlaunch
    (this will remove drlaunch and any stale files)
  • Change the theme to something else (perhaps the default)
  • Reboot the phone -or- using desktop-activity-manager change the activity and then switch back (IOW: restart hildon-home without loosing your widgets)
  • In a command prompt run as root:
    Code:
    # apt-get install drlaunch
    (this will re-install drlaunch)

See if the problem persists.

10^6 thanks for helping!
I had the same problem here, I have reflashed the emmc several times and nothing...

BUT yesterday i took of the fm receiver out and every 1.3 update and it did work!

but then I put them back and the DrLaunch is gone again and I can't make it work, I gess westerday was a lucky try!
Can you help me?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff
hi all.
i don't know if there anyone ask this before.
can i change drlaunch icon according to customized icon?

i got a little trouble with this great widget
some (like7-10) of the shortcuts wont work, as in DrLaunch wont let me add them as icons. i press on them and "done" and nothing happens, my Mobile Maps 9, Maps , and some others.
edit: ok i read about the mobile maps couple threads back, update me if there is a fix, thanks, also the "conky" app wont shortcut.

Last edited by Weedalot; 2011-01-08 at 19:30.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cardiff
look like this thread not really active, don't you think?

Adding a scrollbar is not possible since dragging on desktop is handled by the desktop itself. It would be possible to add two arrows to allow for scrolling of the icons, but do you really find this that useful?
this would be great. it will be sort of app browser in one desktop while others can be occupied by other widgets.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by ric.de.abreu View Post
I had the same problem here, I have reflashed the emmc several times and nothing...

BUT yesterday i took of the fm receiver out and every 1.3 update and it did work!

but then I put them back and the DrLaunch is gone again and I can't make it work, I gess westerday was a lucky try!
Can you help me?
Do you still have this problem?

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Version 0.9.2-1 of DrLaunch is now in extras-devel. I believe that many of you were expecting this version so go ahead and test it.

Changes are:
  • Fix/Workaround for the annoying, non-rotating issue. If DrLaunch stops rotating then just switch desktops or lock/unlock the device and it should be fixed (needs testing since it is hard to test)
  • Add support for no-background. Icons can now become background-less
  • Add support for using theme's icon background. The background won't be rotated and if you ever switch themes you'll have to either restart or go in settings and exit to make DrLaunch refresh it.
  • Added support for logging. If the file /tmp/drlaunch.log exists then it will be used as a logging target when DrLaunch starts.
  • Fixed loading of older config versions. I guess that this was responsible for loosing the icons.
  • Fixed bug where under some cases there would be an internal error causing rotation to stop.
  • Fixed problems with loading non-compatible icons. This most probably includes sygic's icon. Note that it will still not load the icon but instead show the default blue.
  • Added a bugzilla bugtracker.

It still doesn't load theme's icons and unhandled icon formats. Also, it is still not possible to customize icon spacing.

So go ahead, test it and report success or failure. I'm mostly interested in knowing whether the new version will keep older configuration (works for me). If one or two of you confirm this then I'll promote it to extras-testing. Otherwise the version should be pretty stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Version 0.9.2-1 of DrLaunch is now in extras-devel. I believe that many of you were expecting this version so go ahead and test it.
The updates are working nicely for me, thanks for this great widget!

I changed the size of the normal desktop icons to make them slightly bigger so easier to select quickly with fingers. Now its strange to see smaller icons again with drlaunch. Do you think this might be a future option to resize the icons?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post: